Ratings for Dr. Toni Hawkes

I agree with the comments that Dr. Hawkes took the time to listen to your problems, but her wait time was an insult. Sometimes she'd just be outside the door talking with staff or a salesman, while you'd already been waiting for an hour. She always had a political agenda, and was most likely complaining to someone about the woes of the doctor. I have heard she is now working in urgent care - frightens me, because there is nothing 'urgent' about her.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2012

My daughther was seen by Dr Hawkes today in Urgent Care. After waiting almost 5 hours she finally saw my daughter, she told me she needed an x-ray but it didn't matter if her nose was brocken there was nothing she could do. When I questioned her about an x-ray that didn't matter she told me she had more important patients with heart problems and I was wasting her time. I have never been so insulted in my life and I don't think a doctor should ever tell a Mom that her daughter is't important enough to take 5 min to explain why she is doing something after we waited almost 5 hours.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

Good doctor, very poor time management. If she sees herself spending amounts of time with each patient, she should not have scheduled the appointments so close together. Have waited close to 1 hour past my scheduled appointment. When she left her practice there was no information sent to patients. The only help I received when I asked the office where I should look for another doctor I was told to look in the phone book!! Very shameful.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

She is by far the BEST doctor I've ever had in my entire life (its not a short one either). She is very compassionate and thorough and kind as well as extremely competent. I was very depressed at her giving up her family practice last June. Is she practicing somewhere new? I'd love to have her back as my Dr. She treated me for more than 8 years! Blessings and all the best to you Dr. Hawkes wherever you are or whatever you do!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2008

DR.Hawkes has continued to care for patients despite the overwhelming challenges facing family doctors in this country. She will do a good job in urgent care medicine and I hope that we do not lose more good family doctors because of their difficult working conditions. Ther is a reason there is a shortage!I am sure there are very valid reasons why she moved to urgent care and out of family medicine.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2008

i just want to say DR.Hawkes come back to BC we need you. she is the best you will find, her time and caring for her patients outway the wait you might have, she really cares a quality not found easily these days

flag | Submitted May 10, 2008

I found Dr. Hawkes to be knowledgeable and thorough, but her manner harried. After waiting so long to see her with young kids, my blood pressure was always through the roof, and the kids were also stressed out. On several occasions she was very opinionated, even confrontational when I chose an alternative course to that which she obviously favoured. I didn't feel like I had much of a role in decision making--particularly around perinatal care issues. My biggest beef is with the way she left her caseload high and dry, when she chose to leave her practice for urgent care work. No letter, no phone call made. I didn't find out until 3 months after she left, when I called to make an appointment. I was so angry that my young children and I were put in that position--3 months behind the pack in starting the search for a new physician. Disappointing, and I think irresponsible in this climate of 'doctor shortage'.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2007

I really liked Dr.Hawkes but found the wait time insulting. Also they would charge for missed visits even is you called to cancel.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2007

I am totally surprised at the comments I have just read on this site. The Dr. Hawkes I know and have gone to for approximately 3 yrs has little time for me, does not know from one visit to the next what medications she has prescribed for me or taken me off of, shows little interest in me or my health, usually stands next to the door and at times with her hand on the door knob, and heaven forbid I should question anything she has to say lest she "write you off" and show clearly she has washed her hands of you. If it was not impossible to find another doctor I would have left a long time ago and now prefer the unending wait at a walk in clinic which is really not that different from the wait at Dr. Hawkes' office. But at leat when a doctor sees me at a walk in they actually seem interested in helping me.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2007

Dr. Hawkes has left family practice and I will miss her. She has been most helpful. She has been an excellent doctor to me. She will do a great job in urgent care.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2007