Ratings for Dr. Raymond Rupert

I recently was forced to deal with this group of people and they only care about themselves. They have manipulated my parents to believe they will help me when they have not. Now they have told my parents who were going to pay thousands of dollars on this that I should be paying these fees. I never signed up for this. This group of people make me feel awful and they make me want to end my life. They don’t realize I’m capable of this and can/will do it. They are horrible people and I want the world to know that they are scamming vulnerable people out of thousands of dollars. That’s the only reason these people are rich. They are scam artists and not professionals who care about anyone’s mental health.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2018

I would rate him high in knowledge, because he really does know how to navigate and bust through the wait times and call in favours. He knows a lot of people and they rub each others' backs I suppose. This has been very helpful in our case. HOWEVER, there's a very big BUT. The team that at first was helpful to us in a crisis soon started milking us like a cash cow. When I started to push back, I got the most patronizing emails...shocking really. And they are also reading kind of "gaslight-ish" if that's a word. When I complained...nothing, just a rude one word reply from Dr. Rupert. It's become so bad that I've had to block his team from my email, phone and text. Helpful to my family? At first maybe...but now it's a mess. One thing they're really good at is making sure you pay on time. All in all ... be clear about what you want, use then, pay them, then get away from them before they make you think you're crazy and need them to provide ongoing services.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2018

I too..just did not feel this doctor cared about me, or my health...AT ALL I think more interested in patient count and 'ohip biller per client'....for each I moved on to a new doctor interested in helping ME

flag | Submitted September 11, 2018

Retainer to even discuss with him was $10,000, and he charged my father incredible hourly rate prices for no work at all. Offered no ''special'' medical help or insight at all but charged thousands and thousands. He only cares about money, he could care less about his patients. He prays on desperate families to extract as much out of them as possible before they realize his scam.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2018

I only ever spoke over the phone with Dr. Rupert and his assistants. They charged for every email, phone call and minute they spent building my mom's medical file. I gave them everything, all they had to do was open a file on the computer. Charged me $5000 for absolutely nothing. Never a diagnosis, nor any credible advice. I had 2 conversations over the phone with Dr. Rupert, he had no idea about my mother's case, I had to correct him many times. Yet he charged me for a full hour at his astronomical prices, offered me nothing more than, have you thought of a therapy dog! He is just looking to make a buck, not a care in the world for his patient.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

Charges an insane amount per hour for the work he does. Doesn't care about his patients and only about making money. There are many other doctors in Toronto that are able to provide better care that truly want to make a difference and help those in need.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

The worst only interested in making a buck. A shining example of why we need to keep the American style heathcare system out of Canada.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Avoid this doctor. My experience has been that he is only interested in money. Great sales of all that he and his staff can do for you, once you sign the contract you are charged for every single miniscul call, email etc. It is my opinion that they have found a niche, with our health care system failing most Canadians it is a great business for desperate people looking for help especially when it comes to your children. Great business model but you will not receive compassion or true medical help.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

In your best interest, AVOID this doctor. Maybe he is too old. Maybe he is too tired of the chores that he has to do. Maybe he has got a bad attitude. No one answer his phone any more. And, if, in the unlikely event, you are able to set up an appointment with him, then he does 'not' really 'do' anything. He does 'not' really provide anything. Very mechanically he goes through the motions, like as if his eyes were closed, and like as if he was sleep walking. He provides the illusion of doctor's care. Be careful, stay away, before you lose your health, and before it is too late.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Very professional, has an excellent network that can provide specialized attention. Not a social worker or a hand holder, but on the ball. I've been going to him for a long time (15 - 20 years?) Probably not for everyone, as the other comments indicate. But suits me just right. Always punctual; but you do need to assert your issues. Current staff (2017) very helpful. I recommend.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017