Ratings for Dr. Valerie Pai

She is obsessed with pelvic exams and pap smears! When I'm being seen for a sinus infection and have my obgyn's name listed in my chart, I didn't need to have Dr. Pai telling me that I should get a pap smear! That seems to be her MO - pelvic exams and pap smears. The exam room even had a speculum and pap smear kit laid out on a cart next to the exam table, ready to go. I've never even seen that at an obgyn's office!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Dr. Pai has a problem with communications. she dosnt want to listen. i had sever joints pain.she said its an auto immune disease. she did a number of tests and they all came out normal. at my second visit. i told her about my joints pain again, and she said there is nothing wrong with u. i had to beg for a refferal for a rheumatologist. it took her over ten days to do the refferal. after i sent her a message on the network. Guss what? i had a vitamin d defficiency. i had to see a specialist for such a thing. even the doctor asked me why she didnt check for that since the beginning. save ur time and money. she seems to hate her job. she doesnt want to listen. she is always in a hurry. she misunderstood the meaning of being formal. she dosnt see beyond her nose. Thats so sad. i went through so much pain and waiting because she didnt want to listen.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

I saw Dr. Pai due to a toenail infection. She tried to convince me that I needed a pap smear. When she discovered I was getting married soon, she LIED and told me that I was required to have a blood test in order to obtain a marriage license in Indiana. I informed her that she was incorrect - all that is required is a vaccination record. Several of my co-workers went to her and had the same treatment - additional test pushed on them for no reason other than for Dr. Pai to make more money.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

Dr. Pai was AWFUL. She was LATE & when she came in, she was in such a hurry. She wasn't concerned with my health. She was extremely rough when she did my pap & she had nurse in the room while she did it. DO NOT GO TO VALERIE.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

Refuses to treat pain, which is a basic human right. I had to switch to her due to moving away from an excellent dr in the same Community Health Network who had me on daily opioids for years. She just said no. Wouldn't provide a partial refill so I could work & pay bills prior to seeing the second neurologist she referred me to (the first didn't take Medicaid patients--she should've known that--so it's her fault I'm out of medicine for over a week). I am firing her. Do not hire her.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

I came in to have a blood test done, but I had to get a physical since I haven't been back for a few years. Because I'm young, she kept pushing me about the HPV vaccine and if I wanted to do a PAP smear. Honestly, I don't need that to be done. Her Rx order for the lab test was missing important info I needed, luckily I caught it. About the office people, they're very insincere and cold about your questions since I don't remember what the procedure there was. They looked at me as if I was dumb and just rolled their eyes. If I wasn't a dependent on my parents at the moment, I'd find a better doctor.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

Dr. Pai is very insensitive to patients needs. When I was concerned about an issue concerning my daughter she was rude and didn't answer my questions. She seemed as if it was "no big deal." She is not very good with children. As far as myself, she fail to answer my question and at every appointment she finds it necessary to tell me that I am obese because I am not a size 2. Just for the record I am a size ten and last time i checked that wasn't obese. I will be leaving her practice ASAP and advise anyone not to become her patient unless you enjoy being mis-treated and not having your questions answered.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

don't like it when weight loss surgery is one of the first things out of a doctors mouth. very insensitive and unhelpful

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

Just didn't like the quality of service from the doctor. Very little time spent with the actual doctor and more time with the practitioner and nurse. Didn't seem to address concerns and ordered tests that ended up costing me thousands that were not necessary.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

dr pai is a great doctor, the office staff however can be somewhat insensitive but i just went and things seem to be getting better. dr pai is young and is truly concerned for your health and well being.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2009