Ratings for Dr. Gudrun Caspar-Bell

I found this doctor to be rude, arrogant, outright insulting, and had a terrible time with her while I was going through the worst time of my life. I went for help, not to be berated, made fun of and then ignored.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Spent the appt berating me in front of 4 residents. Awful!! I will not return to see her regarding my type 1 diabetes ever again.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

I believe she is knowledgeable , however She has not followed up with me for 4 months. I saw her in January, my situation has changed drastically, yet she won't return my phone calls. VERY FRUSTRATED WITH

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

She is straight forward; not rude. She is very good at her job. She is out to help people as efficiently as she can.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

I started to see Casper-bell almost 6 years ago when I had my pituitary gland tumour removed. Casper-Bell saw me while in the recovery because my endo at the time did not see surgery cases. Casper-bell is a straight forward hold no bars doctor and because of this I had my file transfer to her. I 100% trust her. Her knowledge is above the 4 other endro chronologist that I have seen across the country. I recommend everyone I know to see her and not the other one that works at RUH. I see her once a year for follow up care and she is in contact with my family doctor as needed. I like that she is direct and up front. IMO Saskatoon is very lucky to have a doctor like Casper-Bell because I can tell you the other ones in this city are not as caring or smart as she is.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I will never see this doctor again. She is rude, demeaning, disrespectful, mean, arrogant and uncaring. I felt like nothing more than a warm body she cared nothing about except as a teaching tool used to instruct the four or five residents she had in tow. She fancies herself the ultimate in knowledge and clearly the best endocrinologist in town while arrogantly dismissing other family doctors and specialists as stupid and incompetent. I was quite shaken by my experience with her and it easily took four or five days for the feelings to wear off. In a word, I frankly found her to be downright "ABUSIVE".

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

I have Grave's disease. One word for my experience with Dr. Casper-Bell......Awesome!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I have a pituitary gland tumour. I tried all the meds she prescribed, only to feel way worse. She adjusted my meds over the phone which caused many other health problems. Heart racing, high blood pressure, allergic reactions. Never heard back from her after my MRI. I now have my file transferred and am doctoring in Regina. Dr. Casper bell has a good personality but didn't take me serious.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

When we first met this woman we thought she was neat - quirky but seemed confident in her work. She may be helpful in cases which are obvious and require no true insight or ongoing effort, otherwise, this is a poor doctor who cost us two year of our lives with poor to no follow up, poor effort, care, or attention from her 'secretary' who essentially shields her from her patients, and ultimately, after two years of suffering, we travelling at our expense to a world class medical center in the US specializing in Endocrinology. The difference was nothing short of amazing. So much so that after one day we had learned more about the situation then we had in years at SHR, and we had a plan in place that would bring us back to health. There was so much joy that we were simply brought to tears. Now the reality. That team was extremely unimpressed with what turned out to be a dead wrong diagnosis, leading to a long struggle with bromocryptine, dangerously low cortisol, and two year of suffering through a lack of chemicals that would normally be produced by my pituitary and that could have easily been replaced through subscription. Our 'care plan' devolved into struggling to even see Caspar Bell, and when we did, most of the discussion would be about bringing her back up to speed . Our 'care plan' had devolved into essentially waiting for the adverse effects of my tumour to become so pronounced that surgery would be required. The team at Mayo clinic suggested that this would never be their approach, and in fact what they are here for is a calling, to help people BEFORE their lives are impacted destructively. The recommendation is to not pursue care under this doctor or to have a transsphenoidal surgery performed in Saskatoon. In one morning at the Mayo, we came away with a proper diagnosis, a long term care plan, and a team of people who we could interact with daily through an online, patient portal run through an incredible phone app. the cost of this diagnosis was only a few thousand dollars. The cost to have this experience at Mayo was a flight to Minneapolis, two nice dinners in the gorgeous town of Rochester, and $4,700 us dollars. The best 'deal' I have ever received on anything I've ever purchased in my whole life. The difference between best in world, and "the only person we've got" is unbelievable, life changing, and highly recommended for anyone who is following this doctors diagnosis and facing hardship, or a surgery that may not have to happen at all.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

If you want a physician who is blunt and doesn't do any follow up appointments or have regular blood tests to help manage your disease, has a rude secretary, and ignores your practitioner(s)- this is the dr. for you.

Submitted April 12, 2016