Ratings for Dr. Gudrun Caspar-Bell

I have a pituitary gland tumour. I tried all the meds she prescribed, only to feel way worse. She adjusted my meds over the phone which caused many other health problems. Heart racing, high blood pressure, allergic reactions. Never heard back from her after my MRI. I now have my file transferred and am doctoring in Regina. Dr. Casper bell has a good personality but didn't take me serious.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

When we first met this woman we thought she was neat - quirky but seemed confident in her work. She may be helpful in cases which are obvious and require no true insight or ongoing effort, otherwise, this is a poor doctor who cost us two year of our lives with poor to no follow up, poor effort, care, or attention from her 'secretary' who essentially shields her from her patients, and ultimately, after two years of suffering, we travelling at our expense to a world class medical center in the US specializing in Endocrinology. The difference was nothing short of amazing. So much so that after one day we had learned more about the situation then we had in years at SHR, and we had a plan in place that would bring us back to health. There was so much joy that we were simply brought to tears. Now the reality. That team was extremely unimpressed with what turned out to be a dead wrong diagnosis, leading to a long struggle with bromocryptine, dangerously low cortisol, and two year of suffering through a lack of chemicals that would normally be produced by my pituitary and that could have easily been replaced through subscription. Our 'care plan' devolved into struggling to even see Caspar Bell, and when we did, most of the discussion would be about bringing her back up to speed . Our 'care plan' had devolved into essentially waiting for the adverse effects of my tumour to become so pronounced that surgery would be required. The team at Mayo clinic suggested that this would never be their approach, and in fact what they are here for is a calling, to help people BEFORE their lives are impacted destructively. The recommendation is to not pursue care under this doctor or to have a transsphenoidal surgery performed in Saskatoon. In one morning at the Mayo, we came away with a proper diagnosis, a long term care plan, and a team of people who we could interact with daily through an online, patient portal run through an incredible phone app. the cost of this diagnosis was only a few thousand dollars. The cost to have this experience at Mayo was a flight to Minneapolis, two nice dinners in the gorgeous town of Rochester, and $4,700 us dollars. The best 'deal' I have ever received on anything I've ever purchased in my whole life. The difference between best in world, and "the only person we've got" is unbelievable, life changing, and highly recommended for anyone who is following this doctors diagnosis and facing hardship, or a surgery that may not have to happen at all.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

If you want a physician who is blunt and doesn't do any follow up appointments or have regular blood tests to help manage your disease, has a rude secretary, and ignores your practitioner(s)- this is the dr. for you.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Do not count on this dr to help you if you have thyroid and adrenal problems. Find a functional medicine dr who is trained to get thyroid people well.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Dr Casper Bell diagnosed my thyroid cancer when others had missed it for 2 years. I think some may mistake her directness for rudeness but she is very busy. She is very knowledgeable and caring. I am forever grateful to this lovely lady.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

She is the best dr ..... very helpful and she know her stuff ...

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

Completely wasted my time. I have been dealing with hypoglycemia for years and finally decided to go to dr bell. I waited over a year to see her. I spent 3 days in hospital got a negative test after all the tests they ran. Never had a follow up or anything. I still have the problem and have never gotten an answer. She uses patients as guinea pigs in front of med students and condensends everthying. She was no help. Do not go to her if u want to get help

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

I guess some people were right about this doctor - no manners, no professional etiquette whatsoever. She doesn't listen to you, doesn't let you explain anything. Didn't tell me anything new that I wouldn't know. You are just a teaching sample for her resident students. If "helpfulness" section would give me option to pick no stars I would. Total waste of time.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

If she would have not come in my life through coincidence, my issue might have gone undetected for a long time !!.............forever thankfull!!

Submitted November 8, 2015

She is the best! The most caring person ever. Saved my life.

Submitted October 6, 2015