Ratings for Dr. Judy Schick

I had a horrible experience with this doctor and changed immediately. I was improperly diagnosed with GERDS and wasn't properly tested. It took demanding to see a specialist to understand this. I am now trying to get off the PPI she presecribed me with little success. I was also diagnosed with SVT (arrhythmia heart condition) and she said it was "anxiety"; I am having ablation for this next month after finally seeing an arrhythmia specialist and cardiologist. She's an old, judgemental, rude doctor who shouldn't be practicing in my opinion. She also told me nothing was wrong with my ear when I went to her complaining about ear and sinus pain; I had a severe infection that required strong antibiotics to clear up. I suffered needlessly because of this doctor. I'll NEVER recommend her to anyone. Terrible bedside manner as well!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

I've been her patient for longer then I care to admit. She's late for work, every single day. Have none of you scoring her high in punctuality, ever had a 10 AM appointment? She's cranky, grouchy, rude. So judgemental. Down right a terrible doctor. Never see her, for anything even remotely serious.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I went to see the doctor two times but she was unable to find the reason and even she didn't give me any blood work or any other test to see the reasons for my condition. Later on the other doctor diagnosed the reasons for the pain and other serious conditions. I'll never recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

My wife went to Judith for several years. The office is shabby, next to a marijuana store in a dirty mini-mall. She missed a serious and fairly obvious breast cancer, had never suggested a mammogram, and took 6 hours to read a biopsy report. She answered queries superficially and referred us to a low-ranked surgeon, no oncologist at all, and no support group . Good riddance.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Schick for many years. Before she moved to the Primrose Medical she was constantly overbooked. I could feel the stress she was under and now I find her very helpful and takes the time listen and review records before taking any steps. The staff are very friendly and efficient. I feel that Dr. Schick always takes the time to listen, is so supportive and comfortable with referring me to someone else if required. We have had disagreements in the past but were able to work out our differences and we have a great physician/client relationship. I hope she does not retire anytime soon!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Schick for years now, simply because she seemed to be the only female doctor accepting new patients when I needed one. To start with, you will almost always be waiting at least 20 minutes after your scheduled time to see her. I started showing up 10-15 minutes late for my last few appointments, which has cut down the wait time nicely. Still had to wait a bit though. As a doctor, she was fine for regular checkups, although she does make you feel a little judged. You're supposed to be able to be honest with your doctor and tell them everything, and I truly don't feel like I can do that with her. But recently I had a serious issue that I went to see her for a number of times. Each time, she basically just guessed at what could be wrong, gave me a prescription, and left. Barely did anything to actually check it out. The last time I saw her, I said I had done some research and found what I believed to be the issue and she completely ignored me. Not only that, she quite literally told me that my issue, which was causing me massive discomfort, was something that happens to lots of women and I would probably just have to deal with it. Absolutely ridiculous answer from a doctor. I had to basically force her into giving me a referral that I should've had months ago, after she wanted me to go do a third round of the same tests that had shown the same results both times. I am already looking for a new doctor. One who actually cares and will listen to their patients.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Dr Schick has been a great doctor to my family and I for almost 10 years, she's always willing to listen to as many issues as you bring up, she never seems to rush and has always been thorough in investigating any concerns we have. I'd much rather have a thorough doctor than a fast one, so her appointments running over is just how she runs her practice. I would definitely recommend Dr Schick.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Schick is always willing to spend the time with you and is willing to Seek out the answers. She is an excellent dr.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

This is a review for Dr. Judy Schick at the Primrose Medical Clinic. I have been seeing her for about 4 years...I was originally assigned to her after another female doctor that worked at the clinic went on some sort of permanent leave...I had only seen her once. I am indifferent to her practice of medicine - she sees me for what I need, but I would not say she goes above and beyond for me. I don't feel I can discuss anything more than what is discussed at the time of my annual exam. I do not feel she is overly warm and cozy, or shows much interest in medical concerns. While I would value a doctor that is straight to the point/no sugar coating...I would also like a doctor who is compassionate to my concern. She seems like a nice person but not a cozy one really. I have continued to go to her because she has my file and she was the only female doctor I could find years ago so I just stuck with her. If another female doctor in edmonton pops up, I will likely move to a new one (as long as she is good). Cannot really comment on her medicine otherwise as I have had nothing more than physicals done with her. I have yet to be seen on time for my scheduled appointment - even if its the first appointment of the day. Clinic itself is old looking, needs revamping and just feels "cold" to be there. The staff have not struck me as overly friendly or helpful...check you in and maybe say goodbye to you if you're lucky. They don't seem to really care about what they are doing or the people they are dealing with.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

My family has been going to Dr. Schick for almost 10 years. She is a straightforward doctor who is always willing to listen. No, she doesn't sugarcoat things, but she is a medical professional and that is not something I would look for in one. She has always taken the time to talk and spend time with me as a patient when needed, which I understand can lead to some run over time when you are trying to book appointments. This is something I have experienced with various medical providers, including hospitals, but this does not discount that she is a great doctor and has the best interests of her patients as a priority. This clinic itself is a little tired, but clean and well run. I would recommend her as a doctor as she is good, but I would caution those that are very sensitive to understand that she will tell it like it is. I feel like that is a good thing, but people are different in how they want their health care experience to be.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016