Ratings for Dr. L. Van Rensburg

I wouldn't take dead road kill to this guy.. three times he failed to diagnose my wifes lung cancer. called it scarring.. and when we went to get results of her last CT scan, we were told to come back in three weeks he was away..and we couldn't see anyone else. Eventually we went to a different doc, he told us that her test results were hers to see and they had to give them to her he called and told HIS staff we were coming to get test results, when we arrived they threw the results at us. If this yahoo had diagnosed her properly she could have had surgery onher lung but by the time correct diagnoses made she was at stage three.. I hope and his staff rot in hell

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

A saw him for a while and all I can say is this. Van Rensburg told another patient who was a friend of mine at the time that I was the type of person that would steal their medication to get money. I am totally up-hauled by this comment and I think perhaps he should put some thought into what he says about other patients in that clinic. I do not and will not recommend this man. I would crawl on my hands and knees to ANY other dr even if I was dying.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

I drove from Regina and didn't get to see the doctor thanks to his staff. They were mean and unaccommodating. This doctor was recommended by friends because my GP moved and her former colleagues can't get my medications straight. Van Rensburg's staff accused me of being there for medicinal cannabis saying, "That's why people come here from Regina," and "He doesn't do that anymore." I was so astonished by their unwarranted accusation that I didn't even know how to respond. It seemed they were trying to upset and offend me into leaving and that did it. It's been so disheartening to have yet another doctor leave and struggle in vain to find a new one. Then to drive nearly an hour out of town to be insulted by this doctor's staff made me wish I were dead. As if being unwell isn't bad enough. If he can't hire more courteous staff then he can't be worth the drive. No one deserves to be treated like this at a doctor's office.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

He's a good doctor. It can be a bit of a wait sometimes when you go see him. Make sure you let them know you have forms to fill out ahead of time also.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Dr.Van Rensburg has been my Dr for 4 yrs now, at first I used to have to wait a few hours to see him, now I have appointments to see him, and he takes his time, explaining things, talking to you, comforting you if need be. I would recommend this Dr. to any one that needs a great doctor. The only thing I don't like is when you don't have an appointment and you wanted to be the first one in to see him, you would have to get to the office as early as possible, I remember waiting at his door at 7:30 in the morning, winter or summer. It is terrible waiting in the cold. And some of the staff are so rude they shouldn't be there at all. They can make your wait longer if they don't like you. You will not go wrong in making Dr.Van Rensburg your family doctor.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

This doctor is fantastic. It is very reassuring to see a doctor that places his patient's interests first. This doctor is a doctor of integrity. I have been dealing with a medically related government complaint and he is the first doctor to take me situation seriously. I already have more 'medical' information about this matter in a few months - than I was able to get in six years from other doctors. He has also been helping me with my ankylosing spondylitis and I wouldn't want to have to see another doctor now! I see some negative comments here and I'm not sure what happened there but I can say that my experience of Dr. Van Rensburg has been stellar! At last there is a REAL doctor in moose jaw! If you can get in to see him I would recommend him without hesitation. [donald j. k. muntean]

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010

Alot of the trouble in this doctor's office is not the doctor. It is his staff. their attitude stinks. Most of them great you with a very poor attitude. It is like they think you should be glad that they are serving you. they do not follow up with the doctor's notes for faxes , blood work etc. If they get mad at you they will put your file lower in the pile. I have had to wait up to 2-3 hours to get it. The line up at the door starts at 8 a.m if you want to get into the office early. Some of the staff will talk about patients just low enough so people can hear then act surprised when they are confronted.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

This doctor is by far the best that my family has encountered. Wait times can be an issue, but this is to be expected with a doctor this good. He has always been willing to take as much time as necessary with our family, and our children adore him. We would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

This Doctor came to Moose Jaw at the time my regular Doctor decided to move on to greener pastures after close to 10 years, and I lucked out BIG TIME by having Dr.VanRensburg take over my file. Dealing with serious back problems and pain issues its nice to have a Doctor who understands and is willing to help one live as normal a life as possible dealing with chronic pain. Was referred to a specialist in Regina and got a call within a month, and after that appointment was booked for an MRI, something my first Doctor said he ordered 10 years ago. Well its time and the specialist booked me for an interview 4 days after the MRI! I know these guys are busy, but its nice to know that the guy actually gives a rats behind about your condition and has continally monitored me since he took over my file. I am very pleased with his care and concern. Some of the clowns above comments are unbelieveable to me. I'm a very happy camper with this Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2009

He stated only 15 minutes were allowed to see each patient and even though there were ongoing issues to be discussed, I was told my time was up and that I needed to come in again and wait (appointments were no longer made at this clinic) the one to two hours I had already waited that day, in order to continue reviewing my test results. Important test results were lost and/or missing from my file and staff refused to make eye contact, bordering on rudeness, and personal information was overheard from where I was seated in the waiting room. The doctor was disorganized and had to repeatedly leave the examination room to locate general examination tools. He appeared frustrated and pointed numerous times to his watch announcing that he was up all night reviewing files and that I needed to come back at another time to discuss remaining issues.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009