Ratings for Dr. Richard Cheong

Dr. Cheong was my GP for 18 years. In my opinion. he's dismissive, condesending and rude. He didn't review my medical records prior to appointments and Cathy didn't file all test results. I left most appointments feeling like a hypochondriac. After leaving the city and finding a new GP I was promptly diagnosed with lupus, sent immediately to a specialist who confirmed the diagnosis and began treatment to manage this disease. Dr. Cheong dismissed all the symptoms which lead to this diagnosis for 8 years. Bluewater Healths new hospitalist? Thats a shame.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

Always follows up, never leaves you hanging. Very friendly, too bad he's closing his practice. He will be sorely missed.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2008

Always on time, very knowledgable. Won't prescribe pills when not needed which is what all doctors should do.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2007

Dr. Cheong has been very helpful to me and my wife over the years. He is very knowledgable and listens well. I am very comfortable talking to Dr. Cheong about my health issues.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2007

Very little waiting time while in office. Sometimes 2-3 week wait for appointment when it's not "serious". Excellent with children. Been my doctor for 25+ years. Same nurse/receptionist who's also very helpful. Always returns phone calls or relays info requested.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2007

Difficult to get an apppointment. Sometimes you have to wait 2-3 weeks. Doesn't really care about your condition. I get the feeling he has his favourites and if you are not one of them -"sorry about your luck". If you have more than 2-3 things wrong with you he thinks you are a hypochondriac. Not very impressed with this physician at all.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2007

We have been his patients for 29 years - can't say enough good stuff about him. He leaves no condition unsolved and readily refers you to a specialist when and if needed. Is awesome with babies and children. You can always get in to see him without a lengthy wait, and same day visits (if required) are always scheduled. Best doctor in Sarnia!!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2007

always helpful, very knowledgeable, very punctual when it comes to wait times. he has been my family doctor for over 10 years - NEVER a problem - goes out of his way to explain situations - I wish all doctors were like him!!!!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

Unless I'm a 'same day' call-in patient, his waiting room usually has only 3-5 people in it. I do not feel rushed, nor do I ever leave without him asking me if there is anything else I need to ask. He's been my doctor for over 30 years.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2007

Always takes plenty of time to listen to you and discuss any problems. Waiting room is never filled ie he does not overbook patientsmax wait say 10 mins.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007