Ratings for Dr. Joseph Marsan

Did not like him. He is a liar and cannot be trusted.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

Had three appointments with him years ago and though I am sure he is knowledgeable in his field I made the choice not go back to him for a number of reasons which I shall not go into detail about but range from hearing him scream at patients on two different occasions (truth ... and it wasn't at myself) to his lack of beside manners and his unbelievable arrogance. Fortunately I was able to find another ENT after my confirmed diagnosis but proof in point; and perhaps out of spite he refused to even forward the results of my Meniere's Test that I had at the OCH which spoke volumes to me about his character. (FTR, I was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease and at that time I was in a three month cycle of vertigo.) All said; hopefully he has retired!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

I have been dizzy, etc for over a year. I had to wait 4 months to see him and was told it was meineres disease. He took his time with me, and I wasn't rushed out the door ! Was given a prescription and dietary recommendations. I was worried about him, after reading some of comments online. I was pleasantly surprised. His receptionist had been the best one I have ever met in the city

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Had rhino/septoplasty with Dr. Marsan after I broke my nose. Yes he's a bit aloof and seemed to dismiss my specific concerns when I was talking to him with a "yeah yeah I know what you want" attitude, which made me skeptical because I didn't think he was listening to me. However I cannot argue with the amazing results. He knows what needs to get done. Fast, absolutely minimum-trauma surgery. No pain, minimal swelling, and no bruising. If I have the least traumatic recovery possible I don't really care about his personality. I'd rather have that than a super-friendly ****.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2013

I have lost faith in the health care system. I suffer from a very rare illness which is not very well known. I am his first patient which has suffered so long with this. Although he was aware of this syndrome, it is obvious that he has not done his research. He has refused to read any research and was extremely arrogant. As a teacher and nurse I am disgusted with the fact that he has told me to get off a particular Med when this is the only Med which allows me some relief. His solution to migraine sufferers is to start drinking coffee. His solution to dizziness is to wear the magnetic bracelet. If you ever go on a cruise and happen to get MdDS, try Serc! Also, forget about support groups....they're all wackos, you will find a cure for your problems by doing it yourself.... Do you need disability? Don't expect him to ever help you with that. You have to be dead to qualify.... This Dr is old school and is not open to learning. He's close to retirement and doesn't care.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

Nasal Problem: I just visited Dr. Marsan regarding a nasal congestion problem in one nostril. He had successfully operated on the other nostril several years ago. I was inquiring to know if this might be necessary for the presently constricted passage. He listened effectively to my symptoms and related discussion. After his examination, he carefully explained the nature of the problem and how the present problem differed from the earlier one. I fail to see how he could have been any more effective. All in all a totally professional and pleasant visit.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012

This doctor is very arrogrant, judgmental, and will NOT listen to your concerns. On my final appointment, he cancelled my surgery on the basis that "I would not be satisfied" and that I was too complicated. All I want is to breathe and drain properly and all I did was describe my symptoms and ask for clarifications. Seriously isn't that what ENTs are for?

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

I do not feel he want to listen to the patient. He seems to rush finish it ASAP. Do not get helpful suggestions about my symptoms.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2010

I have been lucky enough to have had Dr. Marsan as my doctor for many years. He has done sinus surgery and other tests on me, always with sensitivity and kindness. He is a very very busy doctor, and in great demand. We are lucky to have him here in Ottawa, and I am an RN who knows he is a terrific doctor.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2010

An excellent physician and surgeon. His surgeries have been uncomplicated and solved my ENT problems. He is on the leading edge of nasal and sinus care in my case.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2009