Ratings for Dr. Marilyn Kieffer

Dr. Kieffer was referred to me by another health care professional. In the decades I've been a patient I have found her to be caring in a no-nonsense way. She has shepherded me through some uncomfortable health issues, always with concern and no hesitation in referring specialists. For seven years I've driven two hours each direction for quarterly appointments, which are prompt. Her diagnoses have been on point, and she has earned my trust.

Submitted July 21, 2017

Dr Kieffer is an amazing doctor. She has been our family doctor for 16 years. She is easy to talk to, supportive and always positive and polite. My daughter, who is 15 also loves Dr Kieffer.

Submitted July 17, 2017

Kieffer has been my doctor since I was a child. At a young age, I didn't know any better but was never fully comfortable with her. I always chalked it up to not liking doctors in general but as I grew older and started having questions about my health and expressing some of the concerns that I had, she would always dismiss my feelings rather than actually looking into my concerns or explaining to me why something was normal, not a concern. As I grew older I stopped going for my year physical because I was always uncomfortable around her, she was rude and belittled me, overall never making me feel comfortable to talk to her about my concerns. It's been a few years now since I've gone for a general checkup because of this, but I still go to get prescriptions and prescription renewals. After the first few times I went just for that she started being rude when I arrived and asked for a renewal, greeting me with something along the lines of "What now?" rather than asking any sort of relevant questions or really greeting me at all. I have been looking for a new GP but it's hard to find people accepting new patients. Her general rudeness and lack of care makes me feel uncomfortable to go see her and at times I feel like by doing so I may be putting my own health at risk.

Submitted June 1, 2017

The best. Always able to get an appt within a day or two, sometimes same day. Her sense of humour is the best, great for young girls; my two daughters 23 and 15 love her as do I. Thorough and if she detects a concern, doesn't hesitate to move you along for diagnostic tests or to a specialist.

Submitted March 8, 2017

Dr. Kieffer, has been my family dr since I was a child I'm 34 now & herself & her staff are top notch. Thanks for being great happy holidays from Thomas McConnell , I almost forgot she's also my whole family's physician aswell 😁

Submitted December 12, 2016

She has been my doctor for the better part of a decade and over the last few years things have soured. She rushes me through my appointments, the nice lady who cared about my well being is now sarcastic and rude. When I state my symptoms and request a referral she argues with me, every appointment Ive made with her I feel belittled and like less of a person. What I gather, is that she has certain expectations of her patients and when they deviate from that, then the dynamic changes. I am very confused as to what I might have done to upset our previous balance, but what I have left is a judgemental, rude, arrogant doctor who has left a horrible taste in my mouth.

Submitted December 7, 2016

Likely one of the BEST family doctors in Mississauga. Knowledgeable, capable, kind, caring ...all with a sense of humour. Been our family doctor for more than 20 years and received top-notch care and referrals. Thank you Dr. Kieffer!!

Submitted October 11, 2016

Oh my. Dr Kieffer really shocked me on both occasions I saw her. She lacks any kind of bed-side manner and truly seems like she doesn't care about your problems. She takes many shortcuts and has never properly examined me. She is constantly trying to rush you out the door and take no responsibility for anything. Again, all I can say was I was shocked with her medical capabilities.

Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr. Kieffer is amazing and takes great care of her patients. On top of being empathetic and kind she is extremely knowledgeable/bright. She is wonderful!

Submitted September 23, 2015

Great doctor...She's always on time, kind and very helpful in addressing all my concerns. She takes good care of all of her patients!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Dr. Marilyn Kieffer's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.