Ratings for Dr. Charles H Tator

Dr Tator has been helping me through my concussion recovery for over a year. He takes a lot of time with his patients, and he answers all questions. I really appreciate his kind approach.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

this doctor is retired and is no longer a neurosurgeon

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Saw him recently in regards to a concussion. Another doctor took my history and performed a physical exam, then repeated his notes word for word to Dr. Tator when he came in after the examination. Dr. Tator has a friendly demeanour. They spent a lot of time talking to each other about my MRI images.. not because there was anything remarkable or wrong with my brain but because they were impressed with the detail in the image, apparently I must have lied very still.... and then they talked a lot about the equipment they have to do imaging, and about a new MRI machine they were going to purchase and how much it was going to cost. As I studied brain imaging at university, this was all very interesting, but it had nothing to do with my immediate medical situation. Other than continued rest, he did not offer a real plan of action or any suggestions (that I have since heard about from other doctors) in terms of diet, supplements and alternative therapies (e.g., acupuncture). He did offer a "concussion support group" and asked if I would be willing to participate in a research study... I said I would be happy to... but I never heard anything from his office about the support group or the research project. After several weeks I called back but have still had no response.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Thank you Dr Tator for the amazing job you did 15 years ago fusing the vertebrae my neck. After a sports injury I had suffered from in my early twenties.In my mid thirties it came back to haunt me. Working out one day I suffered a large loss of strength to my right side. A disc had shifted in my neck afflicting some nerves. These caused me considerable pain. After having an MRI I learned my spinal column was being crushed. My older brother a student of Dr Tators recommended him to me.DR Tator was deeply concerned for me his concern was that this issue could easily digress into quad or paraplegic problems.I spent 8 and one half hours on the table. Two discs were removed and fused. I have continued to live a healthy physically lift life since that operation. It was a most wonderful gift for me. I am forever grateful to Dr Tator for his fine workmanship. He gave me a new lease on life.With Thanks Brian Weir

flag | Submitted November 5, 2011

Dr Tator did my Chiari surgery. He could not explain cause of my tremors. He did not inform me I was not to move my neck for 3 months after surgery and when a physical therapist was incorrectly sent to my room to instruct me to do hourly neck rotations Dr Tator was of no help for the ongoing pain I suffered due to hosp error. I was told to give recovery up to a year. When that time came and went and I was still no better, neither myself nor my Drs recieved replies from him as to what was going on with me. I felt like I nolonger exsisted to him. For some reason the hosp can not locate my files either. Not sure who is to blame for that.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Had back surgery back in 2000. 11 years later I am still pain free and mobile.I recall Dr Tator being so patient with me (I was terrified). He took the time to explain my circumstances and ensured I clearly understood and was well informed. Surgery went fantastic.I am so grateful for his skill and knowledge. Thank you Dr Tator. I am so grateful to you.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2011

Dr. Tator Is the best doctor I have seen. I saw him yesterday and it was a wonderful experience. He really cares. Thank you Doctor.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010

Visited Dr Charles Tator at Toronto Western Hospital yesterday, very professional, explained my problems in simple terms, made me feel very comfortable, excellent credentials, very accomodating, Maria his assistant is one of the best, would recommend to everyone with spinal problems

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

Dr. Tator fused my neck during an operation that took place 26 years ago. I was 17 at the time and had sustained a serious injury playing hockey. the surgery was and remains a complete success. Before, during, and after surgery, Dr. Tator was the epitone of class, skill, and knowledge. I owe him a debt that cannot be repaid. He allowed me to live a pain free and fully functional life. I would not hestitate to recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

he is an amazing man - removed accoustic neuroma from my husband over 10 years ago - successfully - I've heard he is no longer performing surgery - too bad - hopefully he will continue to teach and consult.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2009