No reviews yet posted for this doctor. Be the first to review Dr. David Harrild!

Dr. David Harrild's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

In my work at Boston Children’s Hospital, I feel that I have come full circle. I was born and grew up in Massachusetts, not far from Boston. After moving to New Hampshire to attend Dartmouth College, I embraced the field of Engineering, but also became intrigued by the Biological Sciences. It was then natural for me to enroll in a PhD program in Biomedical Engineering at my next destination, Duke University. My fascination with Biology continued, leading me towards the MD program at Duke. After finishing my MD/PhD there, I moved on to San Francisco for my pediatric residency at the University of California. After 3 wonderful years, I applied to the Fellowship program in Pediatric Cardiology at the best program in the country, Boston Children’s Hospital. Thrilled to have been given a spot, I spent 3 years here for my traditional fellowship then another year pursuing advanced training in Pediatric and Fetal Imaging. Offered the opportunity to stay on as faculty, I jumped at the chance. Since that time, I have continued to develop a strong clinical interest in fetal and pediatric cardiology, with a particular focus in imaging. My research interests surround the development of novel ultrasound-based methods to characterize cardiac structure and function within pediatric cardiology.

• English

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)