Ratings for Dr. John (Jack) L. Remus

I waited 2 yrs to see him for a back injury and when I finally got an appointment he told me my MRI was too old!!! {wonder why} so another 6 mths I wait after getting another MRI and my appointment was for 9am. I arrived at 845 am and proceeded to wait until 3pm!! I get called in to his triage area wherein I wait another 40 mins while I could her him discussing hockey with someone! by this time I am hungry, tired and getting angry! I own a business and this day has cost me over 300$ paying staff to do what I should have been doing! He finally came in.sat down,opened my file--then called his receptionist for a phone number which she brought right in.He then picked up the phone without even acknowledging my presence and proceeded to discuss planting trees on mission island with the parks department for 40 mins!! this was in January!!! I walked out without seeing him! what a rude, egomaniac! he should not be a doctor if he is more concerned about other issues than his patients!!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

This is an egotistic male chauvinist who should retire and keep his political opinions and values to himself. Useless.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr Remus saved my aunt's life by noticing symptoms and referring her to the proper specialist extremely promptly. He also took care of my grandpa's hip and knees and because of Dr Remus he has his lively hood back. He's helped my whole family and I am grateful to him. He is kind and takes all the time needed with his patience. Amazing bedside manner which doesn't exist often now a days.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Dr Remus gos to the Thunder Bay District Jail as well. Heard he doesn't even listen to the patients there. I know a few of the inmates there that should be getting medical attention with there specialists. But he refuses to send them. And makes excuses Just gos there to collect a cheque I guess.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Dr Remus is the only Dr I know that will spend time with you and get referrals for you if needed. The wait is no worse than any other Dr and he never rushes you kind and compassionate.If you need physio he gives you a choice he suggests who would be the most helpful but if you don't have coverage there is only two that OHIP covers. Victoriaville is one of them.His office girl goes beyond to assist you. If he thinks you are in the right to get WCB or insurance he will fight for you if you are trying to scam he sees right through you. A brilliant man

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Have been treated by Dr. Remus for years and am more than happy with his treatment and manner. Sometimes have to wait beyond appointment time but always friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

He works for insurance companies, and tells them to get an assessment for their patients at what he feels is the "only possible place" in town to get a good assessment, Victoriaville, which he owns. Doesn't this cause alarm bells of conflict of interest? There are a lot of good physiotherapists in town, and likely there are at Victoriaville too. So, he just gets paid a share again for referring you to his own shop. If he wants you to go to Victoriaville, you have an absolute right to request somewhere else.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

He is a terrible doctor who looks out for savibg insurance companies and does not care about a persons health or well being.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Everyone who has an issue with this incompetent old man, needs to report him to his governing body - college of physicians and surgeons prompt!!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

When I was doing time in Thunder bay correctional facility, I had slipped and snapped my l/ankle. I went into see Dr. Remus for what I thought was a broken ankle. He checked by look and feel and said it was only sprained. He ordered the crutches be taken away and to walk on it. I could not walk on it for it being to painful. I put request after request in to see him and was denied. When I did get out soon after, I flew home to St. Catharines and went to Hotel due for an x-ray. Sure enough it was broken. I tried to sue Remus but ran out of funds. MY name is David Collar and can be reached at 905 227 9199 or e-mail @davecollar53@gmail.com.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015