Ratings for Dr. M Buettner

I was a patient for a few years but found him extremely opinionated and he didn't listen to anything I had to say. I asked probably a dozen times to have a gold crown replaced that was about 30 years old. He kept saying to me that it "looked fine"! Well within the next 2 years I started to get a tooth ache and as I have very long roots on my teeth, a tooth ache is NOT a good sign. Sure enuf, the tooth structure under that tooth was completely rotten! I needed a root canal, a post & a new crown which had a $2,000 price tag. 2 years later the post crown with the post came off & there was no tooth structure left because the new crown fit so badly. Because of this I had to get a bridge which cost $5,000 & I no longer had any dental insurance, This was just one of many mistakes this dentist made!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I didn't even know this guy still actually had a practice. I honestly thought he would be behind bars for finally being caught abusing his most vulnerable patients-children. I saw him as a patient back in the early 80's as a young minority child that lived in the MB Housing very close to his office. I was there for a check up and remember he pulled a loose tooth of mine that was just about to fall out on its own when he asked me where my mother was. I told him that my older sibling was waiting in the waiting room. He then asks me, wiggling another tooth, if he should also pull this one. I said 'no', thinking he must be joking since it was no where near loose. He said , i think we should. Again i said 'no'. Being so young i didn't know what to do. So he went ahead and pulled it out. I was so upset! It did not come out easily obviously and the bleeding would not stop. The new adult tooth did not even start to appear for at least 6 months. I remember that because i was made fun of for having 2 missing teeth on each side of my 2 front teeth. The new adult tooth finally came in but was crooked from the twisting and pulling and is of course the same today. Its the only crooked tooth i have on the top row and everytime it bothers me i think of him. To me now, and as a child,he is a monster. One that took advantage of a young, poor kid whose mom wasnt by their side to fend for them. On another occasion he extracted a baby molar that had rotted after he had put a filling in it (maybe that one should have just been pulled!?) and with the first smile i had ever seen on his face, he gave me the rotten tooth in a container. Never before had he offered me a tooth he had pulled. He was and probably still is a very sick man who only treats white, wealthy people with respect. I wish today there was a way i could charge him. But i just trust that karma has a way of finding people. I plan to get that tooth straightened and never think of that low life again.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I used to be patient of the dentist until he advised some very expensive work that was not covered by my insurance. When my insurance rejected it he suggested something even more costly. I switched to a different dentist who was too professional to actually bash this guy but basically told me I didn't need what he had been pushing; indeed it would have been detrimental in the long run. I have a new dentist and the work which Dr B never even suggested as a cheaper alternative is fantastic. To think I waited so long to have this done is a shame.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2010

I used to see this dentist years ago, until I was in my early 20's. For the most part, he always seemed to be patient, and friendly and did a good job, in what he did. But, the last time, I went in for a filling, he made a very rude comment to me. Just because something must of happened, and he had to redue some part of a filling, he said to me 'I hope you enjoyed that, because, we have to do it again'. I had no idea what I could have done to make him say this. I found that very rude. Who says this to their patients????

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

I've been seeing Dr Buettner for 20+ years. I find him an excellent dentist. Very knowledgeable, with modern equipment. He listens to any questions you have.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2008

Dr. Buettner has been my dentist and orthodontist for almost 20 years. He is a great man, really nice and has a great sense of humor. His staff are awesome too, the dental hygienists and secretary all stop and take the time to say hello and ask me how I am. His methods of othrodontistry seem old school at times, but my teeth are straight and appear to be staying that way (more or less) so in my books, he's done a good job. He's a bit rough sometimes, and his stomach always rumbles while he's working (haha) but it's all good. I also really appreciate that the secretary calls you the day before your appointment to remind you of it, too. He runs a good little office, would recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2008

When I was 12, he continued doing a root canal after I told him that the freezing had not taken hold. Then told my parents that I wasn't a good boy because I cried through out the operation. Well no wonder. I stopping him as soon as I could.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2008

Dr. Buettner has been our family's dentist for many many and I mean many years. He is more than a dentist, he's a man passionate for dentistry and has always done a more than professional job. He has an awesome sense of humor and truely relates to the children (I was a child patient of his as well). When I was honest with him and could not afford everything he needed to give me, the human nature of him offered it to me at his price. I only wish that the future dentist and other health care professionals could learn from such a great man!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2007

I had been seeing this dentist since I was 4. He has been the utmost kindest, understanding and wonderful man. Unfortunately, retirement is nearing and he will certainly be a lost to the profession. Dr. Buettner, I hope you read this sometime, you are truely a compassionate, and wonderful dentist and have been and always be a great part of the profession! Hats off to you!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2007

Been with him for 30+ years. Wonderful dentist, great sense of humour. Will be lost when he retires.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007