Ratings for Dr. M.C. MacSween

I was disappointed with this appointment. I found her condescending. I really do not need a strong "bed side manner", as long as the doctor is knowledgeable and provides the best care. However I do expect respect. My husband came with me, and the two of us are educated, and by no means demanding. But her perpetual use of jargon and quotes of stats certainly gave me the impression she was not overly concerned with communicating with me, but rather demonstrating her "expert" opinion.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Was referred yrs ago by my go for thyroid cold nodules...after months and months I called her office directly...the secretary replied...she reads the consult and sends a letter to your gp stating the facts on cold nodules...I never saw this person..never met her and speaking to my gp she presumed by the letter that I had been seen by this woman..being a medical secretary for a specialist myself, I can only call this bad medicine. I suggested to my gp that she better check with all her patients to see if they were even seen...how you diagnose a patient from a gp consult just boggles my mind. Needless to say I would have waited a long time for an answer if I hadn't called...I am happy not to have been her patient if this is how she practices medicine.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

I was referred to this specialist by my GP and she denied the referral with no explination? I find this very strange and very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

I was referred to this doctor. Never got a chance to talk to her, because her secretary told me my blood test is normal and she cancelled my appointment on the phone.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes over 25 years ago by this doctor. She can read charts and diagnose drugs well. I chose to look for HEALING, not just treatment so after a few years of stressful illnesses on top of this, and financial hardship I opted to end our doctor/patient relationship. I have been using energy healing, and other holistic modalities and I finally realized that using insulin like I was taught was keeping me in an insulin-sugar yo-yo effect. Now after all these years I finally realized that my body only requires insulin when I eat non-food food. If I eat foods as they come in nature my body can use them fine for energy. If I was to take any insulin at all less than an hour later I was sweating, shakey and running for fast sugar. Then my body got sick again from the damned sugar. My depression and all fibromyalgia symptoms are also gone, and not only to I have HOPE, I also have more energy, more money, and also a sense of satisfaction that I was able to do this on my own. I guess if you want to be treated like a child, and fed drug, after drug, after drug with no end or hope in sight, then she is your girl. Personally I am thankful that she turned me off, so that I could truly heal myself. Most of my money for scripts is just test strips. Dr. MacSween is very good at Medical Hexing, where a doctor tells you that you can never be cured and will always be reliant on drugs. The opposite of placebo effect. This way she keeps all her clients on the Big Pharma gravy train to load her plate some more. But my dear all that gravy is bad for you! Do your own research and heal yourself, it CAN be done. :-) PS Thyroid healed too, naturally!!!! :-)

Submitted October 12, 2014

As a type 1 diabetic, I have been seeing Dr. MacSween for about 7 years now. I have absolutely zero complaints! She is so knowledgeable, I think I learn something new and helpful with every visit. The rest of the staff is amazing as well. I know I can rely on them for the help I need, Thank you :)

flag | Submitted December 4, 2011

Dr. MacSween is amazing. The first time I met with her I was having some real bad experiences with low sugars with a plan set up by the IWK. She switched one type of insulin I took and said "Based on your height and weight you should be taking approximately *insert amount* but of course we'll have to adjust it over time." But the next day my blood sugars were perfect. She does however tend to expect people to help themselves if they are going to expect her to help them. I think that's the problem with most people who are commenting negatively on her.. They are trying to pass blame like most people will do even if only subconsciously. She might be a bit harsh at times, but if she is you probably deserved it. Maybe people should try learning from this type of thing rather than passing blame.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

This doctor demands that her patients take responsibility for themselves. If you are someone going to her, and are not doing ALL that you can to take care of your problem, she will not be as smiley and happy when talking to you! If you are doing what you are supposed to, she is absolutely fantastic. This is a doctor who gives me hope. By way of example- I am treated VERY well, but I work VERY hard at my diabetes. I keep a log of every blood sugar (taken 4 or more times per day) in writing, and also the details of all of my food intake and activity in writing. I email it in to the office every week. You want someone to work for you?!? You gotta do some work too!!! This doctor made me tear up a bit when she told me that if I manage my sugars well, I have the chance of living a normal lifespan. And best yet, she and her staff are helping me do just that. If you're mad that she isn't as friendly to see you as you'd like, then odds are you aren't pulling your weight.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2010

Felt very good after my visit. She is very helpful and as for her "bedside manner" I have no problem. A lot of patients that visit a doctor want to make it a social function; I go for medical help. She was very kind and friendly to me and that is all I expect.I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2009

This Dr. was wonderful i had her for gestional d. and she assured me that it wasn't my fault and made sure that I understood what needed to be done. She even had her sec. call to see how my # were doing. She answered all of my questions, without making me feel dumb and was very encouraging and supportive. As for all the other posts maybe we should stop and think about how overworked all of these Dr.'s are. Dr. Mac Sween is the only Endocrinologist in Moncton just stop and think of how many patients she has to look after, we need to make sure we follow what these Dr.'s are telling us to do. They can't do everything for us! if she had 1,000 patients (i'm sure more than 5000) and she saw 10 people a day it would take more than three months to see them all never mind people already in the hospital and new patience and the call that she would be responsible for at the moncton hospital they often have students with them that take extra time as well and are expected to give talks often and learn new things.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2008