Ratings for Dr. Warren Julien

I was recently in the Summerland clinic for a short procedure requiring a general anaesthetic.i had never met Dr. Julien before but the nurses were all very pleasant and competent and Dr. Julien seemed pleasant enough when he came to interview me. He did learn during the course of his questions that I am a practicing family physician in Kelowna. Knowing this I thought he might be extra careful......Not!!!!when I woke up there was a cut and swelling of my upper lip from insertion of the endotracheal tube, and I could hardly speak for four days because of the trauma inflicted on my vocal cords. After getting released from the recovery room I went home with a friend and within ten minutes I experienced a sudden wave of nauseaand without any more warning I vomited four times. I have probably had at least 15 general anaesthetics in my life. I have never experienced trauma tony lips, or my vocal cords before, and I have never experienced vomiting after an anaesthetic.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

Dr. Julien has been my doctor for many years. He has been with me through major health problems, some life threatening. In his words he is trying to keep me going strong. He is also my mother's doctor, where he has gone to see her in her Complex Care as she is not able to go out herself easily, which I really appreciate. He takes good care of both of us. Thank you Dr. Julien. Chere Regambal.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2013

Always gone out of his way to help. with written letters to WCB or just advice. friendly smart. has had his own medical problems & I think that helps his understanding of how you feel. he used to bring me into the S'land emergency inbetween his surgeries for appointments, if I really needed to see him badly.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

My mother's doctor - I find him to be abrupt, unhelpful and prone to talk in medical jargon which an elderly woman can't hear let alone understand. He had her on totally innapropriate addictive medication for over 5 years. If I could I would change doctors but that is hard to do in a small town like this.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2011

Everyone in my family knows that if you need to go to the walk-in clinic you call ahead to make sure that he's not the doctor on duty. Unfortunately, I forgot to make this check and ended up seeing him about a possible blocked milk duct. He immediately suggested weaning, when the correct treatment for a blocked milk duct is increased nursing with specific techniques, hand expression and warm compresses. Weaning would be the worst possible response. When I said, "No, we're not weaning." firmly, he started to insist, but I repeated myself and he grudgingly did a short exam and then prescribed antibiotics, not pleased with my response. I called La Leche League instead and they suggested another method which was almost immediately successful - no need for the antibiotics, no need for weaning. I shudder to think what would have happened if he'd given that advice to someone who hadn't gone elsewhere as I did - a good nursing relationship could have been destroyed by bull-headed ignorance.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

Dr Julien has been my doctor for many years. Dr Julien stepped in and managed my wife's cancer after a few other doctors missed her symptoms and her cancer. Dr. Julien has been effective and helpful. I find his commitment has been helpful to both me and my wife. Great Doc

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

Doctor Julien told me he is a G.P. who also does some anesthesia for other surgeons. My appointment was regarding anesthesia he was to administer but based on my medical conditions he would not do the anesthesia. No problem; fair enough. It was his lack of willingness to communicate and abrupt way that I did not care for. As he headed for the door I said I had a question for him and he said "It doesn't matter, I'm not doing it." He left. Thank goodness he's NOT my G.P.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2009

He seemed nice when I first started to see him in 2008, In 2009 I had x-rays, cat scan and bone density test injected with radiation done and didn't get any clear results, explained things in technical terms, nothing I understood. After waiting 45 minutes to see him, and while I was speaking he got up and opened the door and said come back and see me in 2 or 3 months, I left bewildered after 4 minutes in his office, with no good results or answers, looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009

Wow!! Doctor Julien is certainly stepping out of his medical boundaries when he Bible thumps sick patients during billing times and appointments that are specifically paid for medical services only and not Theocratic bashing. Must be nice to get paid to abuse medical billing services. This proves my concern that he could not be trusted. I'm so so glad he is no longer apart of my health team!!!!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2009

This Doctor has been my father's GP for many years. My father has had severe medical issues lately. Dr. Julien never called once after my father left the hospital, either time, to check if he was doing OK, or to check with my Mother if there he was getting the help he needed. My father is now in hospice, and Dr. Julien had the audacity to spew his religious beliefs at my father. Never considering what my familes spiritual views are. He "preached" to my father about "getting right with God" to insure his spiritual eternity, suggested reading the Book of John (bible), and went on about how "We",as humans, do "such terrible things" during our lives. Who is Dr. Julien to impose is views, OTHER THAN MEDICAL, on a dying man? It was totally out of line, and also goes against Hospice Policy. Shame on you, Dr. Julien.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009