Ratings for Dr. John Mah

I personally like Dr Mah as a person however as a family doctor he kind of sucked. When he closed his family practice he gave no notice and then wanted $50 to transfer your file to your new doctor.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr. Mah is a great doctor. He actually listens. I don't have a problem getting in to see him and the staff are efficient and caring. He is very knowledgeable. I am very lucky to have him as my family doctor Linda Fox, Calglary

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

My mother and I have had problems with Dr. Mah for years. You spend over 30 min in the waiting room then another 30 min at least in his exam room for a less than 5 min appointment. He refuses to look towards me for the majority of the time I'm there and rushes me out as soon as he can, usually just sending me off for tests he leaves me no opportunity to ask about. Added to that, when I go in about an issue, he asks me what I want HIM to do about it. At best Dr. Mah is bearable, at worst downright rude. I recommend staying far away from him with difficult diagnoses or mental health issues. Spring is nice though seems very overworked.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Dr. Mah is one of the worst doctors I have come across. His office assistant (at the university clinic) scheduled me for a 1:45 appt when Dr. Mah was not scheduled to start work until 2pm...and naturally he showed up 45 min late. I told him I haven't been sleeping at all (I sleep roughly 2 hours a night). All he did was increase my dose of anti-depressants (I have been on the same dose for a long time) and said "good luck with your exams" when I pressed him for some sort of sleep aid...it was like it was a "get out of my office, I'm done with you. your appt is done." the appt took less than 3 mins. people can't function if they don't sleep, yet he didn't want to do anything about the problem. Anti-depressants take time to work, and sleeping pills work quickly. I really can't wait another 4 weeks to *maybe* feel better and *maybe* start sleeping better. Only saw Dr. Mah b/c family Dr was busy. Not impressed. Will not be going back to see him again. Overall he is rude & doesn't listen

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

dr.mah isn't always the most talkative but he listens to his patient's concerns and diagnosis accordingly and if he isn't sure of something he looks it up or gets a second opinion. we haven't always seen eye to eye but as a doctor I trust him not just for me but with my husband, kids and many other friends and relatives!. As for Spring - she is a miracle worker who not only fits people in when there doesn't seem to be any room but does it with a smile on her face and a sympathetic ear.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

Dr. Mah is always rushed. My last appointment was 1 min.48 sec.(I used my stopwatch).I have been his patient since he first came to PG. Initially no problems when everything was routine. When I was having abdominal pains he did not send me for tests or to a specialist. I had emergency surgery. The surgeon told me without the surgery I would have been dead within a week. In hospital for 3 days, no visit from Dr. Mah. Next time I saw Dr. Mah he didn't know I had surgery. I think Dr. Mah is too quick to diagnose without thorough tests. He is abrupt and does not appear to be listening or caring. I think Dr. Mah is a good man but has too many patients, too much stress and doesn't spend the appropriate amount of time to be thorough. To those that have given Dr. Mah accolades I say, I gave him accolades one time as well, but please be careful, I believe it almost cost me my life.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

A very professional, knowledgeable and kind physician. How fortunate Prince George is to have this great doctor who knows so much about so many medical issues. Spring is goes out of her way to get appointments and fit clients in. The waiting room is beautiful too.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2011

Dr. Mah has been my family doctor for 10 years. He listens, responds to my needs, moves promptly to a specialist if needed ... no complaints. And Spring is great too.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

Reasonable doctor. People skills could be better (not outgoing), but he is professional and is able to answer any questions I have had.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2010

Dr. Mah has been my doctor since I can remember and have always liked him. The majority of the time I sit in the waiting room for 10-30mins before getting in and that's a real pain but it's not his or Spring's fault. It's the people who make an appointment for one thing and then once at the appointment give him another three things to help them with thus prolonging the appointment by however many minutes and then screwing up the schedule for the rest of the day. MAKE A SEPARATE APPOINTMENT FOR A SEPARATE ISSUE!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010