Ratings for Dr. Sheldon Silver

Dr. Silver needs to stay out of the personal lives of his patients, and so does his staff. He humiliated me for making a lifestyle choice he disagrees with and does not understand.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

He pretty much killed my grandmother by ignoring test results and not ordering mote tests..even the hospital says he's a joke..get a new doctor I'm filing a mal practice law suit against him

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

The OMA and The College of Physicians and Surgeons need to get involved with this clinic soon The secretary’s are horrendous, they never send out the refferals for weeks and he is a flippant son of a bitch, orders tests and never gets back to you about results, I read mine online, they were all abnormal, and he totally brushed the of saying they were fine, he has to be shut down ASAP, and Janet should be put out to pasture too, along with her other cronies, only caring person is the young black girl, she is nice, but gets treated like shit by the others.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

I was referred to Dr. silver as a doctor who specializes in alternative medications. I went to him during a period of time where all my medications weren't working for me , or if they did it was with horrible side effects for my mental health. Instead of helping me find some alternative medications, he told me what I really needed was a "psychological evaluation and a strong dose of Prozac." My entire visit was specifically because I was looking for something completely different to help me with these side effects. He accepted my appointment to help me with this, but once I was in his office he didn't care about the side effects. He only wanted to push pills. I've gone elsewhere since, and have received PHENOMENAL help, anti-depressant free. I hope he chokes on his Prozac.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Great doctor, reminds me of what they were like years ago

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Dr Silver is an excellent doctor. Dedicated and very knowledgeable! Always has the correct diagnoses. So lucky to have him as my Dr.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Yes I need to find a new Doctor! Been meaning to for awhile now... he and his staff are COMPLETELY unorganized and I have lost it on them a few times! Forget about making an appointment because he doesn't ever seem to be working. I'm constantly waiting at least an hour in the waiting room for scheduled appointments and once we do speak, he is typically talking about irrelevant things that have no bearing on my health. Once I had an appointment cancelled two days before because he decided to go on vacation early (luckily I had called the office for something unrelated only to told this at the last minute) Do yourself a favour, if your looking for a knowledgeable, thorough Doc please keep searching ...

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

My Mother went to him in 1986 with severe stomach pains. He diagnosed her with a Hiatus Hernia and sent her on her way telling her not to come back for 6 months. She went back several times within the 6 months as she started to feel worse and began to turn yellow. He still dismissed her. After the 6 months, he FINALLY ordered more testing. Turns out, she had Pancreas cancer and had all along. She died within a year. She was 42 years old and I was 15. I would get an new doctor if I were you.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

It's time Dr. Silver should retire. He does not care anymore about his patients, and time in and out is more his priority. I called his office to make an appointment and I get a recording that he's out fr three weeks and the other doctor does not want to see his patients. For physicals, he is ignoring blood tests and also ignoring the recording of the measuring equipment in his office if its taking too long. I've been with this doctor for a long time, and nothing has changed. The medical departments need to get involved more into what and how doctors are practicing.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Sheldon Silver wreaked havoc over my family's mental health by refusing to refer us to psychologists, and instead prescribing pill after pill (which he is obviously paid off for by pharmaceutical companies). A decade later, my mother is struggling with seizures and hot flashes while trying to get off of an absurdly high dosage of a medication that is stated as "NOT for long-term use", while I and my little brother ended up dropping out of high school due to a never ending carousel of mental health medications prescribed in under five minutes. As a young adult, I've racked up several thousand dollars of therapy bills for anxiety that could have been diagnosed when I was in middle school. Sheldon should lose his license, and he's about one patient away from a medical malpractice lawsuit.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016