Ratings for Dr. Steven G. Dorsky

I believe Dorsey (he is not qualified to be a MD) uses his staff, family and friends to rate him. He ruined my life. He performed a Lamanectomy 15 years ago and miscalibrated two screws that support the titanium frame. I have had several reconstructive surgeries since, but the damage he caused could not be corrected. I urge you not to use Dorsky. There are plenty of good surgeons out there, but he is not one of them.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I began treatment with Dr. Dorsky for a 2nd opinion since I did not feel comfortable with the treatment recommendations my current orthopedic had suggested. Upon meeting Dr. Dorsky, I immediately felt confident in his ability to takeover and manage my care. In addition, at my first visit, he discovered and informed me of an additional issue which then took an ordinary situation and escalated it into a more difficult one. Dr. Dorsky has a direct and no nonsense way of providing care. Without hesitation, on my behalf, he advocated to provide me with the best care according to the standards of practice. I’m 100% convinced that if he had not done so, I could have suffered a catastrophic negative outcome. I am very thankful that Dr. Dorsky accepted my workers compensation case and I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr. Dorsky did a double microdiscectomy on me while I was 6 months pregnant. It was an emergency procedure because my legs were giving out and I was urinating on myself. He was very arrogant and proud that he did this while I was pregnant. After giving birth O required a fusion of the L5 S1. That arrogant fool used too long pins. I went to him after the fusion with an entirely different pain and he would not listen. He actually told me he didn't want to see me in his office again!! He releases me back to work without an MRI. 5 years later, after fighting hard with my lawyer, come to find out that one of the pins he put in at a wrong angle had entered into the disc space above and ripped it all up. I am now 2 weeks post op from a double fusion and revision of his mistake. The till it has taken on myself and my two children is indescribable. If he had not been so pompous and arrogant and dismissive, we would not have endured 5 years of debilitating pain. I can never forgive this man. My new surgeon told me that he is constantly fixing Dr. Dorsky's mistakes. DO NOT USE THIS MAN

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Excellent experience with Dr. Dorsky and everyone at NJSC!! I'm so greatfuk for their expertise and attention. No pain since my discectomy 14 months ago!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

I've been a patient of Dr. Dorsky for a terrible case of Spinal Stenosis since 2005. My last surgery was June 2016 and yet another success. I cannot say enough about him.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

Great service, the staff is very nice and they make you feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Dr. Dorsky treated me after i fell and broke my back. He did not rush me into surgery, but after through examination of my nerves, and spinal cord, he had me wear a brace for 6 mo. This was to try n give my back a chance to heal on its own. After my body being unsuccessful in healing, i had the surgery which involved a fusion, (seven screws n two rods) i was able to start moving around once the surgical period for healing was over. ( 6 weeks) I began physical therapy. Doctor Dorsky is an excellent surgeon, he knows his business and i have all confidence in this man. His staff is great and i would recommend him very highly. As his patient i will always trust his judgement and you can too if your in need of a good Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

This doctor is incompetent fool. He misdiagnosed my autoimmune condition as a birth defect and instead of referring me to rheumatologist, sent me to physical therapist affiliated with his office . Radiologist clearly suggested to rule out autoimmune condition, but he confidently dismissed it as wrong without performing any further tests. I trusted him and followed his advice and lost a lot of time. Now I have permanent damage in my neck and lost range of motion which could be prevented if I got correct treatment right away. Besides this office has terrible computer security. Few months ago they had all records exposed with all private and financial information and had to warn patients to monitor they credit. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Dr. Dorsky is an excellent surgeon who produced great results for me (laminectomy). In my first visit, he gave me an honest appraisal of my condition and did NOT push me into surgery. Once I made my decision, however, he put the wheels in motion quickly, and everything ran like clockwork. His staff is excellent and caring, and one assistant recognizes me by name every time I go there. Dr. Dorsky does not, even after he reads my chart. I don’t care; I value him for his surgical skills, not for his ability to remember me. He’s friendly but all business, and that’s fine with me.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

I met Dr. Dorsky 17 years ago after a car accident. After two surgeries, I had my my life back. Recently, I needed help once again. He was the only doctor I considered. Three days after this surgery, I was up and around. Prior to the surgery, I could not stand more than 5 minutes without severe pain. I highly recommend Dr. Dorsky.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Dr. Steven G. Dorsky's Credentials

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1980)

• BCBS Florida