Ratings for Dr. Steven G. Dorsky

Dr. Dorsky treated me after i fell and broke my back. He did not rush me into surgery, but after through examination of my nerves, and spinal cord, he had me wear a brace for 6 mo. This was to try n give my back a chance to heal on its own. After my body being unsuccessful in healing, i had the surgery which involved a fusion, (seven screws n two rods) i was able to start moving around once the surgical period for healing was over. ( 6 weeks) I began physical therapy. Doctor Dorsky is an excellent surgeon, he knows his business and i have all confidence in this man. His staff is great and i would recommend him very highly. As his patient i will always trust his judgement and you can too if your in need of a good Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

This doctor is incompetent fool. He misdiagnosed my autoimmune condition as a birth defect and instead of referring me to rheumatologist, sent me to physical therapist affiliated with his office . Radiologist clearly suggested to rule out autoimmune condition, but he confidently dismissed it as wrong without performing any further tests. I trusted him and followed his advice and lost a lot of time. Now I have permanent damage in my neck and lost range of motion which could be prevented if I got correct treatment right away. Besides this office has terrible computer security. Few months ago they had all records exposed with all private and financial information and had to warn patients to monitor they credit. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Dr. Dorsky is an excellent surgeon who produced great results for me (laminectomy). In my first visit, he gave me an honest appraisal of my condition and did NOT push me into surgery. Once I made my decision, however, he put the wheels in motion quickly, and everything ran like clockwork. His staff is excellent and caring, and one assistant recognizes me by name every time I go there. Dr. Dorsky does not, even after he reads my chart. I don’t care; I value him for his surgical skills, not for his ability to remember me. He’s friendly but all business, and that’s fine with me.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

I met Dr. Dorsky 17 years ago after a car accident. After two surgeries, I had my my life back. Recently, I needed help once again. He was the only doctor I considered. Three days after this surgery, I was up and around. Prior to the surgery, I could not stand more than 5 minutes without severe pain. I highly recommend Dr. Dorsky.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

After being in severe pain, going to a chiropractor and receiving injections, it was time for spinal surgery. Dr. Dorsky changed my life and I can never thank him enough. He is the BEST!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I had a wonderful and very impressive experience for my first time visiting. Please keep up the good work!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2016

Dr. Dorsky is a knowledgeable doctor, a master of his specialty. He is a good human being. I came to him for a herniated disk. I was in excruciating pain. He identified the problem, proposed the solution, and got to work right away. Dr. Dorsky fit me in to his earliest available appointment and I was back on my feet in no time at all, roughly one month! I was ordered physical therapy sessions and now I am completely pain free. I highly recommend Dr. Dorsky to anyone with back pain and/or injuries.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Dr. Dorsky and his entire team are an outstanding group, and I VERY HIGHLY and without any hesitation whatsoever recommend that anyone with spine/back/leg pain make an appointment with the NJ Spine Center. Whether you are experiencing pain for the first time or have had symptoms for a very long time, Dr. Dorsky's practice group is composed of many professionals who can treat you and give you the invaluable gift of a pain free life. This includes physical therapy, non-surgical treatments, minimally invasive procedures, or complex surgical intervention. Dr. Dorsky performed a laminotomy and microdiscectomy at the L5-S1 level with the utmost level of skill. I was home resting comfortably that night, and within mere days the sciatica symptoms which severely limited my life for many months had disappeared. At all of my follow-up visits with him and his team, I was given the highest level of care and treatment, and they were always available to answer any questions that I had. When I had a concern with my wound's healing, his office was more than happy to have me come in immediately that day and resolve the issue. One thing to keep in mind - a doctor and practice of this superlative caliber (and one which grants immediate/last-minute appointments when required) will necessarily be busy with a lot of patients. If your condition requires you to make multiple visits to the office, it's quite likely that during at least one of them, you'll have to wait a bit in the waiting room. My advice to you is to just deal with it, be patient, and bring something to read. This is the understandable price you might have to pay for being treated by a nationally-acclaimed spinal surgeon. It was in fact a very small price to pay for me, considering that I am now walking pain-free.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Because of Doctor Dorsky's incompetence, I am in constant pain. I had several reconstructive surgeries by excellent, reputable Orthopedic Surgeons and they could not undo the damage he caused. A renown surgeon who knows Doctor Dorsky

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr. Dorsey performed a lamanectomy on me and as a result of his incompetence, I am in constant pain and am crippled. He ruined my life. I will not rate his personality or his bedside manner. Some doctors are pleasant and some are not. Results are what count. I did not do my homework, shame on me because I (and my family) now suffer the consequences of his incompetence. During my post surgery visits to his office, he painted a rosy picture that I was getting better and he was already seeing some early stage fusion. He blatantly lied to me. I began to suffer pain that I could hardly tolerate and had to go on strong pain medication. I talked with several surgeons who were shocked at the damage he did on a procedure that for a qualified Orthopedic Surgeon would be considered routine. Some of the Surgeons I talked with new him. They were not shy commenting on Doctor Dorsky's lack of surgical skill. To paraphrase a renown surgeon who personally knows him, "he had no business performing this surgery on you, he does not have the skill." I am not in the habit of ruining a man's reputation, however under the circumstances, I feel compelled to warn anyone who is considering using Doctor Dorsky for any type of surgery. Just do your homework before you decide on who to use.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr. Steven G. Dorsky's Credentials

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Amerigroup