You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Steven G. Dorsky

After being in severe pain, going to a chiropractor and receiving injections, it was time for spinal surgery. Dr. Dorsky changed my life and I can never thank him enough. He is the BEST!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

flag | Submitted March 27, 2016

Dr. Dorsky is a knowledgeable doctor, a master of his specialty. He is a good human being. I came to him for a herniated disk. I was in excruciating pain. He identified the problem, proposed the solution, and got to work right away. Dr. Dorsky fit me in to his earliest available appointment and I was back on my feet in no time at all, roughly one month! I was ordered physical therapy sessions and now I am completely pain free. I highly recommend Dr. Dorsky to anyone with back pain and/or injuries.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Dr. Dorsky and his entire team are an outstanding group, and I VERY HIGHLY and without any hesitation whatsoever recommend that anyone with spine/back/leg pain make an appointment with the NJ Spine Center. Whether you are experiencing pain for the first time or have had symptoms for a very long time, Dr. Dorsky's practice group is composed of many professionals who can treat you and give you the invaluable gift of a pain free life. This includes physical therapy, non-surgical treatments, minimally invasive procedures, or complex surgical intervention. Dr. Dorsky performed a laminotomy and microdiscectomy at the L5-S1 level with the utmost level of skill. I was home resting comfortably that night, and within mere days the sciatica symptoms which severely limited my life for many months had disappeared. At all of my follow-up visits with him and his team, I was given the highest level of care and treatment, and they were always available to answer any questions that I had. When I had a concern with my wound's healing, his office was more than happy to have me come in immediately that day and resolve the issue. One thing to keep in mind - a doctor and practice of this superlative caliber (and one which grants immediate/last-minute appointments when required) will necessarily be busy with a lot of patients. If your condition requires you to make multiple visits to the office, it's quite likely that during at least one of them, you'll have to wait a bit in the waiting room. My advice to you is to just deal with it, be patient, and bring something to read. This is the understandable price you might have to pay for being treated by a nationally-acclaimed spinal surgeon. It was in fact a very small price to pay for me, considering that I am now walking pain-free.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Because of Doctor Dorsky's incompetence, I am in constant pain. I had several reconstructive surgeries by excellent, reputable Orthopedic Surgeons and they could not undo the damage he caused. A renown surgeon who knows Doctor Dorsky

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr. Dorsey performed a lamanectomy on me and as a result of his incompetence, I am in constant pain and am crippled. He ruined my life. I will not rate his personality or his bedside manner. Some doctors are pleasant and some are not. Results are what count. I did not do my homework, shame on me because I (and my family) now suffer the consequences of his incompetence. During my post surgery visits to his office, he painted a rosy picture that I was getting better and he was already seeing some early stage fusion. He blatantly lied to me. I began to suffer pain that I could hardly tolerate and had to go on strong pain medication. I talked with several surgeons who were shocked at the damage he did on a procedure that for a qualified Orthopedic Surgeon would be considered routine. Some of the Surgeons I talked with new him. They were not shy commenting on Doctor Dorsky's lack of surgical skill. To paraphrase a renown surgeon who personally knows him, "he had no business performing this surgery on you, he does not have the skill." I am not in the habit of ruining a man's reputation, however under the circumstances, I feel compelled to warn anyone who is considering using Doctor Dorsky for any type of surgery. Just do your homework before you decide on who to use.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr. Dorsky performed 3 surgeries on my wife and corrected her back and neck problems that she has lived with for a long time. Now she can hold our grandson without pain and alot more. This man is 100% business, so I can understand how some people could misread this. There is a reason why Dr. Dorsky is 22nd on the list of the 100 top spine surgeons in the USA. I would seriously ask everyone to consider exactly what type of surgeon that you want operating on you. He has a great group of staffers who successfully hold up the bedside manner department. I recommend him highly to anyone who needs a spine surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

I read some of this Dr.s reviews and I thought this might be someone with a personal grudge with this MD. but sadly they are all true. He greeted me and then asked me why I was there, about 10 seconds into my explanation he rudely asked me if I had films with me. He then gets very frustrated that he has to sift through them to get to the radiology reports just to barely read a sentence b4 he then suggests that I get X rays all over again. He looks at my X ray and tells me that I need major surgery for a diagnosis that no other surgeon has ever given me b4. I was shocked by how off his diagnosis was and how calmly he was telling me that I needed to be scheduled this week. I could not wait to get out of there. You trust him with your most prized asset your health.... He has no regard for that trust. He might be an excellent surgeon, I cannot speak for that since nothing was done, but his bedside manners and diagnostic ability are maybe the worst I have ever experienced.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013

Dr. Dorsky ahs operated on me twice. 13 yrs ago after 2 bnugled surgeries on my lower back, he straightend out the mess and a year later a I was snowmobiling and horseriding again. 1 1/2 years ago, I needed major neck surgery (3,4,5,6) that required 2 back to back surgeries. At 68 yrs young, 6 months later, I was back to my normal life--watching grandkids, swimming, driving long distances,dancing and enjoying life. To me, Dr. Dorsky was a God send. I would not even consdier letting another doctor near my spine! I have recommened him to serval others and the all agree with me.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

Dr. Steven G. Dorsky's Credentials

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Oxford

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "After being in severe pain, going to a chiropractor and receiving injections, it was time for spinal surgery. Dr. Dorsky changed my life and I can never thank ..."

April 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a wonderful and very impressive experience for my first time visiting. Please keep up the good work!"

March 27, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dorsky is a knowledgeable doctor, a master of his specialty. He is a good human being. I came to him for a herniated disk. I was in excruciating pain. He id..."

March 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dorsky and his entire team are an outstanding group, and I VERY HIGHLY and without any hesitation whatsoever recommend that anyone with spine/back/leg pain ..."

February 22, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Because of Doctor Dorsky's incompetence, I am in constant pain. I had several reconstructive surgeries by excellent, reputable Orthopedic Surgeons and they co..."

September 22, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dorsey performed a lamanectomy on me and as a result of his incompetence, I am in constant pain and am crippled. He ruined my life. I will not rate his pe..."

September 22, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=73373'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Steven" to "Steven G."

October 20, 2013