Ratings for Dr. Louise Vitou

I have nothing but praise for Dr. Vitou. She took wonderful care of my husband, and explained everything, before it occurred.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr Vitou has been my nephrologist for over 5 years. I have found her to be very thorough and knowledgeable. The only concern is that she is late for appointments but on the other hand she has always spent as much time with me as I needed to feel comfortable with my care. I know she does that with others and that is why she always seems to be late. But I would rather her take the extra time to explain things fully rather than rushing to keep her timetable. I feel very lucky to have Dr. Vitou in my care circle.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Dr. Vitou looked after our beloved grandma for many years and we will be forever be grateful for the professional and compassionate care she provided. We truly believe that it was because of Dr Vitou that we were able to enjoy so many more years with our Nanay. Dr. Vitou is what all other doctors should aim to be like. She treats each one of her patients and their family members with respect and compassion but at the same time you know that she is extremely thorough. Words can not express how impress we are with Dr Vitou and there is nothing we could ever do to repay her fully for all that she did for us right to the very end of our sweet grandma's life. All that we can say is that if at some point in your life or a family member's life, you end up having to see a nephrologist, we can only hope that you are lucky enough to have Dr Vitou assigned to the case. She's truly a blessing to the dialysis program!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

Dr. Louise Vitou is just the best. My husband was so lucky when he got her, she is on top of any and all problems before they happen. Knowledge, care and compassion, she has it all. She has been my husbands doctor for nearly 9 years now, I can not praise her enough.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr. Vitou is a great doctor. She has followed me for many years leading up to dialysis and kidney transplant. I am so blessed to have her as my doctor. I owe her my life.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

I have to disagree with the other posts here. As a result of Dr. Vitou's complete lack of understanding on peritoneal physiology, I am left with permanent loss of balance and visual disturbances. Dr. Vitou prescribed an antibiotic (gentamicin) without understanding the side-effects. She was further unaware how the antibiotic is metabolized. Further, blood levels were not checked during the antibiotic course. The end result was permanent destruction to my inner ear. I now have to go through the unfortunate process of legal action as a result of difficulty working and even walking in a straight line. If you do have her as a doctor, be ABSOLUTELY SURE to double-check the meds she prescribes, demand informed consent, and in most cases I would get a second opinion. There are unfortunately large gaps in her understanding of kidney physiology particularly as it relates to dialysis.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

Dr Vitou explains everything so you can understand it. She is caring and profiessional.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2008

Dr. Vitou is very knowledgeable and very understanding. My issue is that she is very late to appts in her private clinic (I've been there more than a few times). I've adjusted this by showing up late. Other than this issue, she is excellent and I agree with what others have said. All the staff at the renal clinic at Grand River has always been fantastic.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2008

Dr.Vito was one of my mothers doctor's before my mother passed away.She was one the most wonderful and caring doctor's, we could have not had anyone any better than Dr.Vito.She always went above and beyond to make my mother fell comfortable.We all loved her and still do,she's absolutely wonderful.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

She always makes you feel like you are her only patient when you are with her...although she has a lot of patients. She is very empathetic and knowledgeable. I couldn't want for a better nephrologist.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2008