Ratings for Dr. Vince Tong

I've been seeing him for well over 10 years now and echo all of the many different positive comments below. This is a man that is truly in the right profession. His office staff really are hit and miss, but I agree that the situation seems to be improving.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I've been going to Dr. Tong since 2005. He is humorous, and I wonder if he's a dad, because sometimes the way he talks is like he's talking to a kid or sibling (in a good fun way). He's always in a good mood and all smiles. His staff is ok, they're sometimes rude, sometimes ok. They've gotten better, the staff used to be very rude many years ago, maybe they all got fired and changed, lol. He is super busy though, I always have to wait 30 min - 1 hour even if I drop in or booked an appointment, so the waiting time always sucks. But I go to him only because he is able to diagnose all my problems and hear me out when other doctors don't. I do find that I should go to him with just 1 - 2 problems per time, and not a long list because he has so many people waiting on him. So here's a strategy, if you know you have like 5 things going on, book him 2 - 3 days in a row and just come up each time to tell him each thing. That kind of only works though if you're closeby. If you're far, save the big stuff for him, and give the little stuff to drop in doctors near your home.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Dr. Tong has been my GP for several years now and he is fantastic. He is empathetic and knowledgeable and listens. One of the best GP's I've every been treated by. .

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Dr Tong is awesome. Really listens to me and is honest when he doesn't know something. He makes referrals and suggestions that have helped keep me healthy. He's the best!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

I left Dr. tong after a few visits. I found him to be extremely arrogant and very dismissive. I had a few things to discuss and he made a comment about bringing in a shopping list and that he can only address 2-3 things in one visit. I will never go back to him.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Best Dr I have ever had. Am so very fortunate to have him as my GP. Been going to Aquarius Medical for about 7 years now and have always been very happy with there service. Sometimes wait times take a bit longer but this is usually due to the fact that the Dr.s here spend the time needed with each patient. They also have a walk in clinic which is great since you can see any Dr in a pinch and they retain your records. Dr Tong is funny, enthusiastic, down to earth and always looking to learn. His genuine approach and positive energy has always made me comfortable no matter what I am seeing him about.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr. Tong is the BEST. He always takes time and care with my family. My five year old loves his sense of humour and the 18 month old smiles like crazy at him. He is so gentle at giving needles that my kids rarely cry for vaccines. He is greatly knowledgable and incredible at knowing when to give simple advice and when to follow up with a specialist. We find Dr. Tong worth the 50 minute drive. I wouldn't change doctors for the world. He was truly born to be a GP.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

Dr. Tong was born to be a GP. Excellent manor, very attentive, genuinely a nice guy, but most of all practical, pragmatic and down to earth. In my experience he always took time to chat and to build a rapport with his patients. He never made me feel rushed, and his advice is always practical without any hint of condescension. While in his office we have talked about all kinds of topics, from Vancouver real estate markets, through to hockey games. While this may not seem like an efficient use of time, other Doctors should take note as this behavior builds relationships with his patients and establishes trust, particularly with men. Kudos Dr. Tong.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

I found Dr Tong to be very fake and rushing patients out so he can fill his daily quota.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

Dr Vincent Tong is the best doctor I have had in Vancouver, bar none! He is bright, humorous, reassuring, honest, direct (without being harsh) realistic, kind, and has helped me through over 10 years of various health issues with thorough treatment, followups and the ability to treat the whole patient, not just their disease. I recommend him wholeheartedly. - S. Kavanagh

flag | Submitted November 20, 2011