Ratings for Dr. H. De Klerk

I have bad nerve damage and all of the sudden it got really bad so I went to the ER. I'm the middle of telling him my problem he told me to stop talking and that “this is not an emergency” and also “I should be mindful of the time I go to the ER” it was 1:30am. I went because the pain was unbearable and didn't know where else to turn. I have had nothing but bad luck with this “dr” in the past and REFUSE to deal with him in the future!!!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Saw Dr DeKlerk in emergency after falling and breaking my knee. Not realizing it was broken I had kept leg elevated and iced it and taken pain killers as it seemed to improve in 4 days Then it became extremely painful and I came for an X-ray. Dr DeKlerk saw me almost immediately and was kind thoughtful efficient and thorough. He diagnosed torn ligaments and then did X-ray where he discovered I also had a break. Because I had tried to use the knee for 5 days the bone had moved slightly so Dr DeKlerk was not totally sure it would heal without surgery. He contacted the surgeon in Saskatoon for us immediately and made an appointment for us to go up for a consult the following morning. Meanwhile Dr DeKlerk set my leg in a huge plaster cast to make sure it stayed immobile. A bit of overkill since the surgeon immediately cut the cast off - but wonderful on the side of caution to do all he could for me. He also gave me a shot for pain and was kind and respectful trying to not make me feel badly about not coming in right away. He was kind to the nurse and concerned for her as she held the leg up the whole time he placed what felt like a two ton cast. The whole staff was kind pleasant and willing to joke a bit while being helpful any way they could. The nurse that came and showed me how to use crutches was so helpful too. It was great that Dr DeKlerk was so willing to refer me to a specialist when he wasn't certain as it turned out I did not need surgery but a special brace to be able to flex the injured ligaments while still keeping the bone immobile.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

I have a circulation issue and my legs were acting up and were in so much pain that I have been unable to walk for 2 days. I called the healthline and the nurse I spoke with told me to get it checked out today so with it being Sunday, I went to the ER. Dr. De Klerk was the dr on duty. I have had no previous experience with him. He walked into the room and said "what's your emergency?" I explained everything. He asked what I had taken for the pain. I said nothing because I didn't know what was wrong. He then said that my ligaments are swollen and that I should have learned in grade 12 science to take an anti-inflammatory. After asking a few questions about what caused it, he finally said "this isn't a walk-in clinic, there are people here with real emergencies." Then he walked out of the room. I have had my share of health issues and have met several doctors, but have never met one this rude and uncaring.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2012

I have seen this "Dr" a few times in the ER and each and every time he is disrespectful and treats me like I'm a drug seeking junkie. I have a chronic bowel condition and when it flares up, I am in severe pain and only go to the ER when my other prescribed meds won't take care of it. I had blood in my stool and hadnt eaten in two days and my blood work showed a high white cell count(infection) and he just sent me home still doubled over with pain and nothing to take care of the infection. He is a joke to the medical profession.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2012

My husband was driven to the ER after jumping a 4-5foot drop and could hardly move his back was in so much pain, we had to help him remove his coveralls, after waiting for 2.5hours in the waiting room before being able to see the doctor. it seemed to kinda loosen up as we could at least get his sweater off. dr, asked if he had taken anything for pain, he replied no as he was driven straight to hospital after aquiring injury. dr says "So you want me to wave my magic wand and make it all better" we were so shocked we couldnt reply we shouldve said"no we wanted to make sure his spine isnt damaged and isnt gonna give him trouble the rest of his life."got sent home to take advil no xrays nothing. after hour #72 of constant pain despite robaxacet. He went to see a chiropractor who told him his rib was dislocated. he put it back in and feels 100% better already. chiropractor was shocked to hear is was deklerk cuz hes usually pretty good....(Aparently)

flag | Submitted January 19, 2010

I find this doctor to be very helpfull and knowledgeable. He has been my family doctor since he came to swift Current. He has always treated me and my husband very well. He is also very good about sending you to a specialist if required.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2009

De. DeKlerk has gone above and beyond what most Drs would do for me. I never leave his office without feeling better.He is honest and does not defend the difficut health system. He goes to bat for me, and cuts through red tape to help me get service. I feel like he has a "team" approach to medical care and does not see himself as a "god". I feel bad about the time he takes to do all of the advocacy he has done. I wonder how long a good Dr. could stand the frustration of the system?I am extremely grateful for him though.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2008

I found Dr. de Klerk to be very thorough and he seemed to genuinely care. I had him as my prenatal doctor and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. For most of my appointments I had to bring my 2 year old son and Dr. de Klerk was very patient and understanding and always treated my son very well. My son absolutely loved him. I would recommend him to anyone and as for his attitude, he was a very busy man and was always in a hurry but he was always very friendly and never made me feel like an inconvenience. I knew that I was in good hands.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2008

Dr de Klerk is a huge asset to the health care field. I trust him implicitly. He is very knowledgeable andtime extremely caring about his patients. You want the best care when you are sick and with Dr De Klerk you will find it. If you have had a problem with his attitude ... remember you don't have to live with him ... we all have days when we are not the most pleasant ... doctors believe it or not are human too.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

Doctor D is the best doctor I have had the pleasure of being seen by. I am blessed to have him as our family physician. He is thorough, understandable, knowledgeable and helpful. Just recently my wife developed what was diagnosed by an internal specialist in emergency as bells palsy. He prescribed a week's worth of medication and suggested we follow up with our family physician. After a week, we saw the internist because her sympthoms were no better. He told us that was all that medicine could do to help. Our follow up appointment with Dr De Klerk was the next day and though the specialist suggested we cancel it, we kept it any way. Dr D was upset at the care and medication she received and stated that there was plenty that could still be done. And then he proceeded to immediately make it happen. That is just this week's example of his competance. There is not enough space here to rave of his professional ability. He is truly one of the great medical practitioners this world has.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2008