Ratings for Dr. Lowell K Anderson

I signed in for my appointment then waited an hour. Staff never noticed I had signed in even though I was sitting in their waiting room. When I finally got back to see Dr. I could hear him talking on phone to his broker while I waited for him another 30-45 minutes. Then he hadn't looked at the x-ray film test that had been sent to his office before the visit. And was mad at me because a diagnosis wasn't with the test. Huh? Then he wanted to either grind all my teeth down and put on caps or do surgery on my jaw. At approx. 40 years old I had always been told I had beautiful teeth and didn't need braces, etc. (I was having some TMJ type problems) Later my own dentist told me he would not recommend Dr. Anderson and sent me to someone else who gave me a mouth guard to try at night, and I have been fine for over 15 years now. I did use insurance, just not on the list.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008

Good medical expertise, terrible "bedside" manner. Clean, comfortable office. Cautions: Get the price of services in writing; costs may increase after they start the procedure. Review all written prescriptions *after* they are *signed* by the doctor *before* allowing office staff to start general anesthesia procedures. They may prescribe one when you're awake, then hand the person accompanying you additional Rx not discussed after you're put under. Insist upon reviewing Rx before general anesthesia or during consultation. Ask if you will need extra follow-ups or xrays. In the consultation you may be told how quick and easy it all is, but asking will help keep expectations more realistic. Ask about medications or gasses administered because the information will not necessarily be volunteered. Literature provided is general; they won't provide additional written instructions specific to your procedure "because it varies too much." If you question this doctor, prepare for a fight.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2007