Ratings for Dr. Gerald L Allred

This is a long time in credit but he saved my (premature) now 23 year old son's life! He is the best doctor I ever saw hands down. We moved away but i never stopped feeling grateful for his kindness to my child and I at such a scary time.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

If it wasn't for Dr. Allred my daughter would not be here. He is an amazing man. Very kind and knowledgable. Listens to mom like no other doctor I have ever experienced. How do you thank a man for saving the life of your child, countless times? Best doctor ever.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

I always feel like he listens to my concerns and he is great to explain things as needed

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

I saw Dr. Allred from the second i was born at LDS hospital as a premature baby until the time i was 18. I am now 21 and cannot find a doctor that even compares to him. He ALWAYS took wonderful care of me and my two sisters. He is very knowledgeable and Helpful. When he was at his old office before they built the new one years ago. he used to have cork boards and his clients would bring in school/other pictures and he would put them on the board. As a child i always felt like i was special to have my picture up there! He always took the time to make ssure he checked everything! Thanks Dr. Allred

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

I love Dr. Allred. He is friendly and thorough. We moved out of state for 5 years and saw many pediatricians. I was so grateful when we moved back, we missed him!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2009

There is no Insurance Company listed for IHC, that is who we use. And they take that. Dr. Allred has been my daughters physician since birth. She will be 17 this month. He is a wonderful doctor. He is so knowlegeable and always takes his time to explain things to us. Great physician.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2008

Dr. Allred is phenomenal as a general pediatrician with an interest in childhood diseases. He conducts very thorough examinations every visit, not just for "well child" care. He seeks parent input and despite 30 years as a doctor, doesn't assume he knows it all; if necessary he is happy to refer you to the the best specialists. However, he also is very careful to do everything before requiring tests and referals to keep costs low. He consistently returns phone calls himself - not just having his nurse return them - to make sure he understands the situation. His medical assistant is professional, the facility is nice, and he is generally available same day appointments (except Wednesdays which are his days off). Wonderful bedside manner; hospital privileges at both LDS and Primary Children's hospital (both Level 1 Trauma Centers). Only negative: He's with IHC Memorial clinic which may not take all insurance types, but they're getting better.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2007

Dr. Gerald L Allred's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)