Ratings for Dr. Juliet Lau

I've been seeing her my whole life. Every problem I have, according to her, is because I'm overweight. I swear I could go in with both legs cut off and she'd only see the weight I lost because of it. In the last 2 years I have left the office in tears, more often than not. She messed with my mental health and refuses to acknowledge my diagnosis, which has been confirmed by 3 separate psychiatrists. I'm doing my best to never see her again, but it's damn hard to find a GP near me who is taking new patients.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2018

Was my family doctor for over 20 years. Was very happy with Dr. Juliet Lau. Have left only do to her very rude, unprofessional and incompetent receptionist.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

I have been going to her for over 15 years and she takes the time to listen and is a very caring Dr. I have nothing but great things to say about her.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Was my family doctor for years. Blamed a case of hives on my weight (?!? first of all hives should have nothing to do with weight, second of all at the time i was 5'6 and 145 pounds). Refused to give me the HPV vaccine as it would 'encourage girls to be promiscuous'. i felt completely judged and she wouldn't listen to my concerns. An absolute joke of a doctor.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr. Juliet Lau has been my family Dr. for over 30 years. She is a very thorough Dr. and a wonderful and caring lady. I highly recommend Dr. Lau and I feel very fortunate to have her as my family Dr.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

I saw Dr Lau when I was about 16 yrs old. That would have been about 22yrs ago. I told her about the abuse I had been under for several yrs (physical, emotional and mental) from my stepmother. I had finally gotten the courage to tell someone and as growing up I had been taught to tell someone you trust. Well she was the wrong person. Dr.Lau informed my stepmother the very next day what I had said. I'm sure you can imagine what happened when my stepmother got home that afternoon. This is no doctor. She's a hack who has had her (license) far to long!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

This doctor should have had her license taken away long ago. I went to her 30 yrs ago, she was our reg family doctor. All our problems she blamed on weight and none of us were very overweight. She put me on speed when I was 15 for weight, put me on Prozac when I didn't need it and didn't monitor the dosage as it builds up in the system so you need less, I became very ill because of her. She gave me ponderal a dangerous drug recalled now, when I was 17 again for the extra 20lbs I had on me. She told me some of my brothers problems, he was furious about this. She shared my issues with my dad. Got to the point we just didn't trust her.None of us have been back in 20 years and comparing,to others, she isn't a good doctor.Cousin still goes to her. Has stage 4 breast cancer now because of a lump on a mammogram a year ago Lau said to keep an eye on. Oncologist said it should have been taken out right then a year ago when it was spotted. Cousin is 50 and dying now. Lau let it spread.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

She is a good General Practioner for common ailments. Is willing to refer to specialists when necessary or requested.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

Cannot say enough about how extremely unprofessional this woman is. Misdiagnosed an extremely serious condition and blamed all the symptoms, as usual, on weight. She is literally obsessed with weight and it is the unfortunate patient who walks into her office weighing more than what this doctor considers normal. My advice to potential patients? Find another doctor!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

my mother went in to see doctor Lau and wanted to find out her results from a test. the test had been sitting in my mothers file for 6 weeks and no one called her to tell her that her results were ready. it turns out that she had an hiv positive outcome. my mother was freaking out and wondering how and where she could have gotten it. the doctor said that you could even get aids from touching someones skin. Now come on even i know thats not true it has to be through blood or bodily fluids. my mother was so very upset and the doctor was being very unprofessional. so my mother called her specialist for her crohns disease and it turns out cause of crohns you can have a positive hiv test when its really negative. now that is ridiculous that a doctor who is suppose to help you doesn't even know her own job very well. so if it were up to me she would have to go back to school to get some more training before she even practices on anybody else. the woman is in her own world.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009