Ratings for Dr. Juliet Lau

I have been going to her for over 15 years and she takes the time to listen and is a very caring Dr. I have nothing but great things to say about her.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Was my family doctor for years. Blamed a case of hives on my weight (?!? first of all hives should have nothing to do with weight, second of all at the time i was 5'6 and 145 pounds). Refused to give me the HPV vaccine as it would 'encourage girls to be promiscuous'. i felt completely judged and she wouldn't listen to my concerns. An absolute joke of a doctor.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr. Juliet Lau has been my family Dr. for over 30 years. She is a very thorough Dr. and a wonderful and caring lady. I highly recommend Dr. Lau and I feel very fortunate to have her as my family Dr.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

I saw Dr Lau when I was about 16 yrs old. That would have been about 22yrs ago. I told her about the abuse I had been under for several yrs (physical, emotional and mental) from my stepmother. I had finally gotten the courage to tell someone and as growing up I had been taught to tell someone you trust. Well she was the wrong person. Dr.Lau informed my stepmother the very next day what I had said. I'm sure you can imagine what happened when my stepmother got home that afternoon. This is no doctor. She's a hack who has had her (license) far to long!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

This doctor should have had her license taken away long ago. I went to her 30 yrs ago, she was our reg family doctor. All our problems she blamed on weight and none of us were very overweight. She put me on speed when I was 15 for weight, put me on Prozac when I didn't need it and didn't monitor the dosage as it builds up in the system so you need less, I became very ill because of her. She gave me ponderal a dangerous drug recalled now, when I was 17 again for the extra 20lbs I had on me. She told me some of my brothers problems, he was furious about this. She shared my issues with my dad. Got to the point we just didn't trust her.None of us have been back in 20 years and comparing,to others, she isn't a good doctor.Cousin still goes to her. Has stage 4 breast cancer now because of a lump on a mammogram a year ago Lau said to keep an eye on. Oncologist said it should have been taken out right then a year ago when it was spotted. Cousin is 50 and dying now. Lau let it spread.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

She is a good General Practioner for common ailments. Is willing to refer to specialists when necessary or requested.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

Cannot say enough about how extremely unprofessional this woman is. Misdiagnosed an extremely serious condition and blamed all the symptoms, as usual, on weight. She is literally obsessed with weight and it is the unfortunate patient who walks into her office weighing more than what this doctor considers normal. My advice to potential patients? Find another doctor!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

my mother went in to see doctor Lau and wanted to find out her results from a test. the test had been sitting in my mothers file for 6 weeks and no one called her to tell her that her results were ready. it turns out that she had an hiv positive outcome. my mother was freaking out and wondering how and where she could have gotten it. the doctor said that you could even get aids from touching someones skin. Now come on even i know thats not true it has to be through blood or bodily fluids. my mother was so very upset and the doctor was being very unprofessional. so my mother called her specialist for her crohns disease and it turns out cause of crohns you can have a positive hiv test when its really negative. now that is ridiculous that a doctor who is suppose to help you doesn't even know her own job very well. so if it were up to me she would have to go back to school to get some more training before she even practices on anybody else. the woman is in her own world.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

Thirty years ago, when I was widowed at the age of 29, Dr. Lau insisted on regular appointments with me. As my family were not supportive, this doctor helped me to work through a very difficult time. I found her to be thorough, to be willing to take the time, for many years, to explain what I needed to know. She did not hesitate to make a referral, if the problem reached beyond her expertise. I left when she misdiagnosed kidney failure. As a diabetic, I am, apparently, susceptible to this. The test done had everything wrong with it that could be wrong, and after the diabetic specialist allayed my fears and re-tested, it turned out my kidneys are just fine. I think the main thing that Dr. Lau suffers from is exhaustion - dealing with a lot of people who are not feeling well, and perhaps just too heavy a load. All of us make mistakes. This one simply pushed me over what I could handle emotionally, so I moved on to another doctor that a family member was seeing.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. J. Lau for 33 years. I rarely ever go to the Dr. Only for checkups . and I had three sons. When my sons became pre teens Stupidly I thought mabey they woulld like a male Dr..Because I have always had the good foutune of trusting Dr. lau and never any problems . My life has been a living hell with the other Dr.My sons now have returned to Dr. Lau . She is very thourgh . In an emergency seen me on her lunch break. Yes I do wait for her to see me in her office sometimes but I know Its not due to her or her staff , Patients say they need to see her for only a min, but thats not always the case. because I've done that so I don't have to see anyone but her. I do smoke ,she knows and she know of course I'm trying to quit, that all that matters. she gives me coupons for niccorettes Shes not perfect always but you should have the reason why your there to see her clear and to the point . I'm a hair dresser and if some ones not clear I'm not sure how to help them.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2008