Ratings for Dr. Elaine Blacklock

I love Dr. .Blacklock, at first I wasn't too sure what to think, but the more I have dealings with her, the more I like her.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2018

Dr. Elaine Blacklock...... it's all about her and she really don't care for what the parent tell her about your child's Behavior and to help us in figuring out a way for me to deal with my my child and to get the proper treatment for him. All she found to do was to make me look like I was crazy and took my child away through Children's Aid. A year later it was found that there was nothing wrong with how I was behaving with him I was doing everything right. She was telling them that I didn't care about him and I didn't want him anymore. What kind of doctor would do something like that she's a real bully. So what she did was to create turmoil in our family. She's a bully she definitely cause me and my child great pain to separate us. This is the kind of help I got that is just unbelievable. she shouldn't be taken care of kids and have this kind of power over the children. The problem here was she didn't know what to do so just to get rid of the situation that was her answer sad very sad

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

Nothing but praise for Dr Blacklock...she went above and beyond in her caring and help ...

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

She’s a condescending idiot who hates being asked questions and gosh forbid you get a second opinion for your child! She’s even intimidating to the nurses. That’s not a health care leader! She needs to watch Patch Adams! Glad your health care experience in Sudbury is great Elaine and that your mom received great Cancer care. Good thing you weren’t dealing with a dr like yourself. In time my dear, all in time! 😘

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

Her award is a joke. This woman almost killed my child. Terrible doctor reflective of hsn quality

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

We appreciate Dr. Blacklock's knowledge and attention towards our son. She was recommended to me by a collegue and I would recommend her for anyone seeking a pediatrician.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

Childhood memories of this doctor bring back extreme anxiety and fear. I haven't seen Dr. Blacklock in years, but her latest reviews aren't great and that's because she really shouldn't have anything to do with children. She clearly hates them and isn't capable of patience which is required when working with children in any capacity.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

We had the unfortunate experience of having her as our 3rd doctor during a hospital stay. She was incredibly condescending, ignorant and honestly almost a bully. She made judgements on what I and the other 2 doctors did without knowing or even examining my daughter. Perhaps, she is a good doctor but we will never know because I will never give her the opportunity to care for my daughter again. She needs a lesson on humility and bed side manners.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

I am beyond mortified with this doctor. My daughter was admitted into pediatrics We were unfortunate enough that she was the doctor on call. She took none of my concerns seriously and kept telling me my daughter was fine and not to bring her back to the emerge. She didn't want to answer any of my questions ( my daughter had a high heart rate high fever and a febrile seizures). She kept telling me there was nothing wrong with her and have me the cold shoulder. My daughter kept getting worse and worse to the point where her hands were turning blue. Turns out that she wasn't fine. She has a double ear infection, pneumonia and now has to be on a nebulizer at night. I completely agree with every negative comment on this doctor. If you have her, go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

I went into premature labor had my son at 28 weeks pregnant, she was the Dr on call at the hospital and I have NOTHING but good to say about her, which is why I chose to keep her as my. son's pediateician. He was airlifted to sick kids and due to the weather he had to wait for the Sick Kids team to fly here and get him to fly him back. She stayed with my boy day/night for 2 nights 3 days and had nothing but information to tell me... She was nice, and honest and didn't sugar coat anything. I read some comments on here and I see that people are saying she said that she diagnosed there child with a medical issue that needed further observations and was sent for an ultrasound and they worried for 5 days to find out the child had absolutely nothing wrong with them.. I don't see how that could be a bad thing would you rather that? Or would you rather have not been told that it was a possibility and later find out she had that medical issue that caused severe damage because it wasn't caught in the begining. And I read another comment someone saying that they had asked her questions and she didn't have the answer for them, and that someone else found programs that she was unaware of... Like really? She is a Dr she isn't a perfect individual that knows everything... She makes mistakes , she is only human.. I am happy to have her as my child's pediatrician.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016