Ratings for Dr. Elaine Blacklock

Childhood memories of this doctor bring back extreme anxiety and fear. I haven't seen Dr. Blacklock in years, but her latest reviews aren't great and that's because she really shouldn't have anything to do with children. She clearly hates them and isn't capable of patience which is required when working with children in any capacity.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

We had the unfortunate experience of having her as our 3rd doctor during a hospital stay. She was incredibly condescending, ignorant and honestly almost a bully. She made judgements on what I and the other 2 doctors did without knowing or even examining my daughter. Perhaps, she is a good doctor but we will never know because I will never give her the opportunity to care for my daughter again. She needs a lesson on humility and bed side manners.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

I am beyond mortified with this doctor. My daughter was admitted into pediatrics We were unfortunate enough that she was the doctor on call. She took none of my concerns seriously and kept telling me my daughter was fine and not to bring her back to the emerge. She didn't want to answer any of my questions ( my daughter had a high heart rate high fever and a febrile seizures). She kept telling me there was nothing wrong with her and have me the cold shoulder. My daughter kept getting worse and worse to the point where her hands were turning blue. Turns out that she wasn't fine. She has a double ear infection, pneumonia and now has to be on a nebulizer at night. I completely agree with every negative comment on this doctor. If you have her, go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

I went into premature labor had my son at 28 weeks pregnant, she was the Dr on call at the hospital and I have NOTHING but good to say about her, which is why I chose to keep her as my. son's pediateician. He was airlifted to sick kids and due to the weather he had to wait for the Sick Kids team to fly here and get him to fly him back. She stayed with my boy day/night for 2 nights 3 days and had nothing but information to tell me... She was nice, and honest and didn't sugar coat anything. I read some comments on here and I see that people are saying she said that she diagnosed there child with a medical issue that needed further observations and was sent for an ultrasound and they worried for 5 days to find out the child had absolutely nothing wrong with them.. I don't see how that could be a bad thing would you rather that? Or would you rather have not been told that it was a possibility and later find out she had that medical issue that caused severe damage because it wasn't caught in the begining. And I read another comment someone saying that they had asked her questions and she didn't have the answer for them, and that someone else found programs that she was unaware of... Like really? She is a Dr she isn't a perfect individual that knows everything... She makes mistakes , she is only human.. I am happy to have her as my child's pediatrician.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

My son is severely autistic and this doctor has no tolerance or patience with him. Waiting is horrible, the secretary makes you feel like you are a bother and that your questions are stupid. The doctor went as far as asking my husband and I if it was really that important for my son to be in school and if he was really learning anything. I was shocked, every child learns differently especially autistic individuals. Social is the most important for him something this doctor has clearly not learned.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

She's an amazing doctor! Always willing to listen to my concerns

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Based on insufficient testing, Dr. Blacklock was ready to send our 17 day old son for unnecessary surgery out of town. Luckily, more competent paediatricians were on duty the following week to cancel the transfer to the other hospital. Please seek a second opinion if you have the misfortune of being assigned to her.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

I don't agree with all of the negative comments. Dr. Blacklock is so knowledgeable and friendly. She doesn't rush anything and takes her time to listen to my questions and concerns. At first I was intimidated by her but now am so happy that she is our daughter's pediatrician. Her secretary is also so friendly and kind.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

I'm not sure if I agree with all the negative comments here. She is our sons' pediatrician and I've never noticed any unfriendliness or callousness. In fact, she's quite thorough and helpful, though I will admit that at times she seems unsure what to do when you present her with an unusual situation or symptom. I have noticed as well that she doesn't seem all that concerned with patients' privacy at times. But is she a terrible doc? I don't believe so.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014