Ratings for Dr. B. Bookatz

Very bad bedside manner, made me feel like my symptoms were in my head, doesn't listen and talked down to me. Can't seem to find my test results each time I see him... won't be going back!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I will never see this Dr. again......I had a heat attack in 2012 and because I didn't quit smoking....he told me he would give me an gun and two bullets, put it in my hand, and I could pull the trigger.....Nice beside manners....needless to say I have never been back

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

He is a rude and disrespectful person. Every answer I gave was put down and then he told me to only answer yes or no. He would ask a question and when I would answer with detail he told me I must be a lawyer. Told me I didn't have a tremor because I didn't shake like the actress Catherine Hepburn. Told me I couldn't possibly know my own body, I suppose that's because he knows everything but not the patient...fantastic super powers you possess there "Dr"! And of course my problems are because I'm overweight. I really don't know why he asked me any questions because according to him, they were not the correct answers. Total waste of my time, but at least he got paid to insult me!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

This man, I won't even call him a Doctor, took away my child's will to live by telling her all the horrible things that she'd have to endure, SO SHE KILLED HERSELF.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr. Bookatz made fun of my clothing, challenged me about what I knew of the diagnoses other doctors had given to me over the years AND in the space of 45 minutes tried to manipulate my opinion of various GPs, specialists & nurses by questioning their reputations, credentials & diagnoses. I.e. Dr. Bookatz is RIGHT & all other doctors incompetent. AND all my problems are because I'm overweight not for any other reason (& THIS from a person who has a growing beer belly) This is NOT the behaviour of a professional.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

the ratings dont lie people the man is an uncaring @ssh0le! and apparently is a fat hater he blames everything on obesity even if you are mildly obese meaning 20 extra pounds, he can be very mean I think he gets som kind of charge out of belittling his patients anyway once he's dead these reviews will be the memories people have of him how sad is that? he should really try to be a better person he thinks he's a winner but really everyone see's him a Loser in the whole game I cannot imagine what it would be like to have so many negative reviews and just not get it that to be liked you have to be likable! so sad for you bookatz because I had never been treated so poorly, mean and hateful till I met the likes of you, you are not nice at all.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

I had to give him a rating for his knowledge I really wouldn't even know his knowledge b/c his ego & his attitude gets in the way! He loves to put you down, call a patient a liar, or if you are a patient & Dr Bookatz's can't figure out what your problem is than trust me his treatment towards you is even worse! I wish Dr's like him realize that there are patients that do request and get his letter(s) that he sends back to your Dr who referred you to see Dr Bookatz! You can weigh in at a healthy 120lbs but if you have IBS it is very easy for your stomach to become very bloated. Dr Bookatz refers to you as obese in his letter when really your stomach is only bloated! Dr Bookatz couldn't care less if he found out by viewing a x ray you had done & found out that you have lung cancer. He can tell you that you're probably going to die b/c of your lung cancer in the same mono tone of his! He couldn't care less if you have family around to support you or not when you are told the news! Why this "man" is a Dr is why beyond my understanding I don't even think this "man" is human or that he can be the most heartless, uncaring, egotistic, & foul breath Dr walking this earth. Everywhere you go & whoever you talk to not one person has anything positive to say about Dr Bookatz accept "he's brilliant" I personally can't say he is or is not "brilliant" b/c I can't get beyond his attitude & ego!! All I think is if he is so "brilliant" as other ppl say he is why can't he figure out my health issue? He at least acknowledge it I guess that is step 1 1/2 but each time I see him after more testing & still he can't figure out my health issue it seems to me at least that Dr Bookatz's attitude only get uglier towards me. If I just shake my head and say "yeah ok" from time to time he actually thinks you're paying attention to what he is saying. I gave up trying to get him to come down to a normal person's level b/c we don't have the same knowledge as he does and he refuses to change how he explains things & also refuses to write down what he has told you so that you can get a better understanding of what he is saying. Now I just wait until he writes my Dr a letter and I when I get the copy of his letter sent to my Dr I bring my copy of the letter home and have my parents research it & than they will explain it to me what is going on & what it is Dr Bookatz is telling me! This is probably going to far but I finally figured out who Dr Bookatz reminds me of not just in looks but also his lack of caring, understanding of any of his ppl/patients, and also the way he talks mono tone. Dr Bookatz reminds me of Dennis Rader All I can say is I am beyond grateful I am not longer a patient of his b/c I am willing to drive a extra 500 kms (round trip) to see another specialist in Winnipeg. I know if I had to continue seeing him I would either be kicked out of his office for telling him what I think of him or in jail for telling hi off! For everyone reading this you might think I am going overboard on Dr Bookatz or that is is not as bad as I feel he is. I can only speak to myself about my interactions

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

If you want to have a visit with Dr God & his world size Ego & BS attitude than Dr B.S Bookatz is the Dr for you. If you want to be treated by a real Dr and one that you could talk to, work with, & actually be treated like a real person/patient find another Dr in Wpg. It would be worth the extra 500 kms to be treated like a human!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

I ALSO FIND HIM TO BE VERY ABRUPT AND HIS ANSWERS SEEM FLIPPANT AND GIVES ME THE IMPRESSION THAT THIS IS JUST THE WAY IT GOES. I HAVE ANOTHER APPOINTMENT WITH HIM IN MAY WITH REGARD TO MY LUNG PROBLEM SO WILL SEE HOW ITGOES FROM THERE AS ACCORDING TO THE TESTS TAKEN I SHOULDL NOT HAVE THE PROBLEM AND THEY ARE NOT SURE WHAT IT IS.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Wouldn't want any other doctor on my family members case. He is direct and to the point so some people may find this rude. My mother has been his patient for many years and we would want no other doctor handling her case. If you aren't prepared to help your own case ie take the meds as he prescribes lose weight if you need to chances are you will hear about it. He calls it as it is.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016