Ratings for Dr. Romy Nitsch

Not helpful...very dismissive of chronic issues! Floored at how some of these supppsed "world class experts" are so complacent...go into research and stop pretending you are there to help patients! It's an honest to God complete joke at the expense of the patient! There is something seriously wrong with our medical system!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I started timing my appointments after my initial visit seemed like it was 5 mins long, once she came in they were literally 5 or less. As a first time mom I expected a thorough first appointment. I guess I had a healthy pregnancy so it didn't need a lot of attention ? It was you feel ok? Measured belly did a quick Doppler , here is a pamphlet on delivery and pain options, see you in a few weeks and out the door. She seemed knowledgeable but took SO MANY HOLIDAYS. She took 4 weeks or more vacation during the couple months I saw her, even though I asked The first appointment if she was around the weeks surrounding my estimated delivery she said yes, nope was on another holiday for weeks. Also repeatedly asked if she thought my baby would be too big for me , kept saying it would be proportionate. It was not, and I felt very dismissed about my concern for this during pregnancy. Can't rate delivery... she wasn't there.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Dr. Nitsch is One of the best. Simply the best. She listens carefully to my symptoms complaint, she makes me feel comfortable and i am looked after by a compassionate not only doctor but a human being with lots of integrity and mannerism.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Dr.Nitsch is the most amazing Doctor! She saved my life back in July when I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy, and had been internally bleeding for over 5 hours... Although I don't remember much from being so sick, I remember how friendly and caring she was to me when I was critical. Before the emergency surgery she calmed me down when I was crying in pain, and assured me she would do everything in her power to get me through the surgery. 5 hours after my surgery, when I woke up she was there with me in recovery. She made sure I was okay, and visited me several more times throughout my hospital stay. I have been back about 4 times to see her for follow ups and she's always just as gracious as when I first met her. Today she put in an IUD for me (my last one was inserted wrong by another doctor) she only took about 3 minutes to do, and it was quick and painless. She is always so welcome to doing follow up appointments, and I'm happy to have her as my OBGYN. I would recvonened her to everyone. I will be more than happy to have her deliver my babies when the time comes!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Despite the fact it took 15 months to get into see her due to our current health care system... I was so pleased to find her very considerate, down to earth and did not feel the least bit hurried during the appointment. She was very friendly, kind and genuinely considerate of how I was feeling throughout a naturally uncomfortable out patient procedure. I have NO hesitation in recommending Dr Nitsch. The staff that handled the registration and pre-exam were very professional and friendly at KGH. So very happy with everything!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

a highly skilled gynecology surgeon, I told my friends she did my hysterectomy through four tiny holes, I had three large fibroids and I went home the same day, she is so kind and caring, she called me at home to ensure I was doing well, simply the BEST!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Not a good Dr. Would not recommend her for obstitrician.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr Nitsch saved my baby. I was having a difficult labour and my son was stuck. Heart rate was going up and down and the nurses were not doing much. Another doctor had been in and out and thought all was fine even though I had been pushing for two hours and it wasn't getting the baby out. She came in gave the nurses a few orders to make me more comfortable, did a test to see that the baby needed out right away, and quickly got him out. I think that had she not acted the way she did we would have had a different outcome.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

Dr Nitsch has the worst staff ever. They have zero bed side manners and couldn't care less about the patients. They are annoyed if you call, annoyed if you ask questions, annoyed if your breathe. AWFUL

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Dr. Nitsch was my gynecologist throughout the diagnosis and initial treatment of my PCOS. She has been constantly helpful, patient and caring. She clearly lays out the facts and really allows you ownership of your health and decisions pertaining to it. She has also been incredibly helpful with referrals to other specialists when I moved away from Kingston and supportive of releasing any test results I wanted to pass on to alternative medicine practitioners I was seeing.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014