Ratings for Dr. Jack Sussman

Dr. Jack Sussman is a very grouchy person, he gets agitated easily and very dismissive. The wait time is around 2 hours with an appointment and his visits are 15 minutes long. I believe he has his clients that he favors so not everyone will get the same treatment. He does not like to give referrals to see specialist. He is not compassionate or caring at all.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

I've been going to Dr Sussman for 40 years, it says something about a Dr. when you have to wait to see him, it means that people think he is worth the wait and he is. My father is also a patient of his and he is always on top of everything with my Dad I swear Dr Sussman is the reason my father is still alive. Dr. Sussman doesn't just hand out medication you have to be sick to receive it he's a doctor not a drug dealer so everyone complaining about not getting meds think about it. I have never felt rushed out by him he listens to what the issues are and examines you and gives you the proper treatment for whatever ails you. He is a great doctor and if you're lucky enough to have him as a doctor then you should be thankful. The staff from the desk to the nurses are friendly and caring and always smiling. I feel very blessed to have such an amazing team looking after my family. Thank you to all of them.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Very long wait. Staff take non emergency, walk-ins and push them to front of the line. Expect a 2-3 hour wait. Staff are very rude, lots of eye rolling. I suspect the people who have given glowing reviews are those who have gone to the front of the line, while other genuinely sick people have had to wait hours, when they were decent enough to book appointments. Doctor is dismissive, so you'll NEED to be persistent. He knows stuff, but he can't diagnose you if he won't examine you. I advise all women to check themselves for various cancers, don't count on this doctor to find it for you. Insist on seeing a specialist. Check your meds carefully before you take them to make sure it's the right medicine for your condition, and that it doesn't conflict with the meds you take. If you don't mind the staff, between your vigilance and the doctor (do your research), you should be okay. Jack is smart, its just getting him to check you. He can make mistakes. Maybe it has more to do with his staff over booking patients? Very scattered at times, and always rushing. Will try and rush you out. I am trying to find another doctor, but in the current city climate, and doctor shortage...lets face it clinics operate exactly as Sussmans office is currently operating. Why would anyone go to it, as another person suggested on their glowing review?

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

I've seen Dr Sussman a 3 times for 8am appointments, and all of them had me waiting 1.5hrs, and then put in another room separately for another 15min!! What?? He is extremely dismissive about all of my issues to the point where I feel I must defend myself for having the nerve to complain. Most people don't like coming to the doctor anyway, nevermind feeling discouraged about whatever ails them! I understand he has many clients, but what is the point of being so dismissive like that??? If you don't have the time or energy remaining to really get to the bottom of a patient's problems, either retire or stop accepting new clients and walk ins.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Long wait times and there is always a lot of people waiting but that must tell you something about him if all these people are willing to wait when there's a walk in clinic a block away. Overall great doctor and great guy. Very knowledgable. Staff are great and lab the medical building offers a lot of other medical areas too

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Jack needs to slow down. Turned out he misdiagnosed me and I am now seriously ill as a result. Needs to take the time to calm down a minute and listen .

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Overbooking is a problem for sure. This doctor also has no bedside manner, he is almost dismissive when you are describing your reason for being there. His staff is rude, curt and generally unfriendly!!! In times when jobs are hard to get, this group needs a real shake up on "customer/client service. Look elsewhere if you want a family doctor who gives a care!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Dr Sussman is a amazing Doctor I have be going to him almost 36 yrs never had a problem with he is very understanding he never rushes you out of his office very helpful and knowledable yes there are wait times but its wotthy the wait i will agree he doesnt prescribe medication only if you need it which is good

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

What I like about Dr Sussman: He does not prescribe just any medication, you have to be really really sick before he give you any prescriptions. He has been our family doctor for 15 years now. Yes, waiting period is terrible! But it's because he has so many patients. There are three doctors in the clinic but he has at least 80% of the patients waiting who are under his care. Yes, the clinic is always double booking but it explains because there are so many patients to accommodate from infants to older patients. He's an excellent doctor overall.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Dr Sussman is my family doctor for about 10 years now. He's very good and definitely a real doctor. He only prescribes medications if you really really need it. Unlike my previous doctor who gave me antibiotic all the time. With Dr Sussman's professionalism and knowledge as physician, I would definitely continue to see him inspite of the long wait during my visits. My only concern is I have to wait an hour or two to be seen by Dr Sussman regardless I have my appointment. For the reception staff, yes they're not the best at all especially Josie. Lily is the nicest one among them.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015