Ratings for Dr. Anthony N. Wakim

Amazing Dr., staff, experience. Got pregnant and birthed a healthy baby after 7 years of struggles and miscarriages, I wish I went sooner!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

This is sort of a late review considering my daughter is now 8 months and I started seeing dr wakim in 2013 but I remember researching all of this and being so torn. I love Dr. Wakim for more reasons that I can explain. First and foremost, he gave me my beautiful baby girl. .. I could never thank him enough. Second, he was so patient with me. I ended up pregnant from my first unmedicated IUI but that ended in a blighted ovum. After healing and several failed IUIs (my insurance didn't cover anything), he agreed to just take the money and spend it on IVF. My first cycle did not work and I was devastated but we still had several embryos. He told me that if I were his daughter, he would transfer two embryos so I listened and both stuck.. Unfortunately, around 9 weeks. we lost one of our babies but we ended up with my sweet baby girl. Dr Wakim knows what he's doing you just have to have a little faith in him.. I thanked him so much and he said don't thank me, just say a prayer for me.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

How do you ever thank someone for giving you the best gift in the entire world? Dr. Wakim was very kind and had a sweet demeanor. It was really hard to be sitting in his office and I felt like he really felt our pain. He told me I'd be pregnant and he was right. It happened for us twice - both FET cycles. There was a BFN and miscarriage along the way but you know when you get that positive and finally hold that child it makes every single tear worth it. I will never forget the people at Magee. Thank you Dr. Wakim and staff! All were very caring and just a phone call away if I ever had any questions.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

Dr. Wakim is very kind hearted and I felt like he really knew how hard it was to be sitting in his office for fertility treatments. He was very patient and kind throughout the whole process. He said you will be pregnant and luckily for us he was right. We cannot express how grateful we are to everyone that helped us through this trying time in our life. Everyone at Magee was fantastic. They were always only a phone call away to answer my questions.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

I love Dr. Wakim and his nurses/staff! I have 2 beautiful children thanks to everyone at Magee. They truly changed my life and I am forever grateful. Wonderful caring doctor and nurses. I love Dr. Wakim!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

Even though I only met Dr. Wakim a month and a half ago, I have been to his office 5 times! I have only seen him twice after my OB/GYN referred him. The first time we met with him was actually at my OB/GYN's office, as he travels on Thursdays. He was very nice to us. Both times we met, we just talked. He took lots of notes and reviewed my medical records from my OB/GYN, including a surgical report regarding my endometriosis (which is what Dr. Wakim feels is preventing me from getting pregnant). I have never had to wait for an extensive length of time for my blood work or ultrasounds. His staff has always been very kind. Today, I had an IUI procedure, and the fellow (doctor) and nurse who preformed the procedure couldn't have been nicer. My biggest complaints are that since I live in Cranberry, I wish the Wexford office would do more than blood work; it would be awesome if they also did ultrasounds. Also, Dr. Wakim will not prescribe Clomid unless the patient goes through with Day 3 testing, which isn't cheap.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

Wakim was the doctor writing my protocol. This was my first IVF and t was successful. Sanflippo did my egg retrieval and Collins did my transfer.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Not helpful for your concerns at all. Just a waste of your time and money! Definitely avoid this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

Wait time for each appointment is over 1.5 hrs. There is a total disregard for his patients time and money. After many failed transfers, I asked if we can change the protocol and he didn't. If something doesn't work, you try something else right? Well, he wouldn't.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Numerous appointments. Wait times were at times hours long. Not responsive to concerns. Condescending and chastizing regarding concerns about emotional impact of fertility medications. Fertility medications can cause dramatic shifts in mood and you are to inform your physician if such occurs - at times felt suicidal - expressed to Dr Wakim who responded that I should be ashamed of myself and be grateful that I had one child. I am a psychologist and any medical practioner who responds in this manner is not acting in accodance with basic medical standards. No Diagnosis ever established. Sceduled in-vitro but took 1 month off fertilility medication and got pregnant at that time on our own.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013