Ratings for Dr. Ian Schokking

Most fantastic Caring family doctor I have found. He cares for my parents and I like we are family. Jennifer at the front desk is an angel in disguise

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Very personable doctor. Friendly, to me; and, very knowledgeable on a diverse variety of medical topics. I would recommend him as one of the best doctors in Prince George.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Had him as a doctor in ER. He simply would not listen to what my complaint was and completely went down the wrong path with diagnosis. Sent me home from ER; went home then came back later in an ambulance only to scolded by an ER nurse because she and Schokking sent me home with "specific instructions". I am generally a very laid back person, but I then asserted myself and demanded basically to see another doctor or I would ship myself to Vanderhoof or Quesnel to find a doctor who would listen to me. Thankfully, a new nurse suggested that I stay at UHNBC and be seen by an ER doctor who had just started a shift. This ER doctor had the problem figured out in a few hours (after a urine and blood test) and I was in surgery within about 24 hours after fasting. IF I had stayed at home and followed the ER nurses and Schokking's "orders", I would have either died or have had to have a limb amputated!!! Thank GOD that the new ER doctor took my complaint seriously--- she literally saved my life. To this day I cannot understand the direction Schokking was going down (it was ridiculous, even from the perspective of me as a lay person). Moreover, the ER nurse who basically scolded me for coming back to ER should find another career!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

Not the best people skills but very knowledgeable. Someone you are very relaxed with to care for your health. I am lucky!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Dr.Schokking was the family doc for both my parents. He made house calls, he sat and chatted, he ate cookies with them and never rushed them. They absolutely loved him and I cannot say enough good things about this man. My parents lived to be 94 and 98 and he was their doctor for the last 8 years of their lives. He was always respectful and caring. He made sure I knew what to expect and was always there for me when I needed support. My parents lived with me for these last 8 years and having Dr. S there whenever I needed him was the only way I could have managed to keep them at home with me as long as I did. When they moved to the Simon Fraser Extended Care Facility, he continued to call on them and was always there for me when I had questions and concerns. Lorna Dittmar

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

This guy possess the attitude that he is ("better then you") which is typical since ("Most doctor's --NOT ALL--) believe they superceed the universe! He does not even have the ability or common decency to say hello, unless you acknowledge him first. Incredible arrogance! I would not let this guy treat a sick Hotdog, Period!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr. Schokking has been my doctor since my son was born 11yrs ago - he has always proven to be attentive, open minded, and honest. I was scared with my first labor, the entire thing lasted 30 minutes from contraction to birth, and he still managed to talk me through every bit of it as it happened. He may not baby you when you come into the office but I would rather have someone who is logical and thorough than someone who sugars you up with time-wasting words. He has always been thorough with my children, and he has NEVER come off as a pill pusher to my family, on the contrary, he has given us the option or medication or natural treatments and taken even what I thought were silly concerns seriously, like why I kept getting dizzy spells, turns out it was low blood pressure... So yeah, if you want to feel super special dont go to him, because he is going to treat you medically instead of throwing around pretty soothing words :-). I am very happy to say he is my doctor!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

...He is a Dr. not your mother. I can not believe that you people are talk about the same person my family have known, trusted and respected for years. I have never felt rushed, while teaching a Dr. in training he took the time to instruct his trainee how to shop for the better value medication..I don't go to his office looking for a friend or someone to hold my hand. I have never felt rushed, he hasn't hesitated about refering me, he has factored in my age with the routine tests..So I just Could Not Respond....The 2 ladies at the front desk possibly Glenda & poss. Debbie, If you were able to annoy them..I wouldn't want you as a neighbour.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

The front desk lady is extremely rude, the experience I've had with him have been terrible. The desk lady tho is the worst! I'd rather go to the walk in than listen to that rude old bag

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

He was my prenatal doctor and was very good every time I seen him. There were a few times he was a bit short but I understand he is very busy and I had a very routine pregnancy. On my very first appointment he was very nice, helpful and explained everything. I ended up needing to be induced and my labour had complications in the end but he was extremely good throughout the whole process. He gave me lots of time to go into labour as natural as possible, he gave me lots of options and tried different things during delivery before intervention was the only option. I have no complaints and would definitely use him again for me next pregnancy.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014