Ratings for Dr. Dean A. Abramson

didn't asked too many questions been to him before and been scoped in my stomach says they never find any thing i have nausea with mecications and have to look up on line to find out what causes it i knew it was the pain medication but he would not confirm took 3 weeks to get an appointment by the time i saw my stomach was some better you can never get in when its important

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

This practice:*prides itself on seeing as many people as possible in a day *is the only one of its kind in town and * will not let you request to see a new Dr if you do not like the one you were assigned to. This is not a patient friendly premise. As far as I can tell, Dr. Abramson is the worst of the bunch. He does not listen to you as a patient, rushes through the visit, won't respond to questions/concerns and has this irritating way of acting like he is going to check on something for you or bring a sample, then bolts out of the door when you aren't done talking, leaving a nurse in his place. Most physicians I have seen always make sure there isn't anything else than can do for me or make sure they have answered my questions before leaving. I get the sense he is done and wants out, not caring if the patient feels helped or not. Skip this Dr and make sure to request someone else.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2012

I had the displeasure of seeing this local "expert" gastroenterologist on numerous occasions after being referred to him by my then family doctor. Each time I met with him, I left his presence feeling offended and humiliated. Dr. Abramson may in fact have the credentials to practice in the field of his choice, but, in my opinion, he is incapable of accepting and treating patients professionally and without bias. I base that statement on the fact that, early on in my interactions with him, he became very agitated with the doctor who referred me to him. Not only was I subjected to a scathing inquisition from him about why I was referred to him and why my symptoms merited his services, he also informed me that the referring doctor would receive a harsh letter from him in the near future. From that point on, I believe he did every thing he could do to be rid of me as a patient. I still have the same health problems, and, oddly enough, the referring doctor left town a short time later.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2011

Dr. Dean A. Abramson's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1984)

Multiplan