Ratings for Dr. Marcel Genest

He's been my GP since I was 7 years old. I'm 25 years and since then he's provided me with many referrals as well as doing paperwork for 2 different ICBC claims. He is old school and french canadian, so don't expect him to be excited and politically correct when you give him extra time consuming work to do. Overall very solid guy and would highly recommend to anyone who needs a straightforward no fluff doctor.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2018

I used to think very highly of Dr genest he was my doctor for over 20 years, not only my doctor I considered him a trusted friend. That was until I really needed him to be there for me and he refused to help because of mistakes he made with the college of physician's. After over 20 years I was forced to find a new doctor but Still I respected his opinions and for that reason found a doctor that was an addiction specialist only to find out I didn't have an addiction and got started on new meds that helped me greatly. Unfortunately this new doctor had to leave the province and I was again without a doctor. Thinking of my over 20 years with my trusted doctor and friend I decided to go back to Dr genest and explain my situation as he had always been reasonable and fair in the past and I really couldn't see him turning me down now that I had been monitored by a specialist for over 6 months. To my shock and dismay he couldn't even say no to my face instead he sent me a form letter saying he wasent taking new patients anymore....really after 20 some years I get 5 minutes and a form letter? So totally disillusioned and disappointed with this doctor I stupidly thought was not only my doctor my confidante and my friend. After all he had talked to me about so many of life's issues seen me through divorces raising kids operations and too many medical issues to list but when it really came down to it i was just another patient he got to bill pharmacare for...not friends, not someone who really cared about me, 20 years of fake and phony conversations that in the end meant nothing to him. So thanks Dr Genest for opening my eyes to the relationship I thought we had but now realize was only one sided. I my opinion he has gone from 5 stars to negative 1 star. He is not to be believed when he pretends to care about you, he really doesn't but is a really great actor that knows his part. Thanks for nothing Dr Genest.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

Wonderful. Highly recommend him. He is my entire families GP. Goes above and beyond for his patients. Honest, respectful, caring and very trustworthy.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Awesome doctor! he is so good that its sometimes difficult to get an appointment. I have never had any issues with his care.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

He's been my doctor for over 15 years. He's an awesome guy and very informative. I would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

This is my first year visiting Dr Genest, I have been with doctor Harvey Wong for 28 years and last year he has been sick and closed his clinic, I got just to wait for over an hour and some times more than that, but with Dr Marcel Genets is totally different he's always right on time.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

He has been my doctor for 15 years. Excellent manners and takes care to listen and explain things to you.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Dr Genest has been my doctor for over thirty years and he is the best doctor i have ever had he is very knowledgeable and takes time to find out all the information before he decides what to do i would recomend him to anyone who needs a good doctor

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr Genest has been our family doctor for over 30 years and I never thought I would be writing a review like this. But I feel that I have to agree that his level of caring, concern and attention to detail has become severely worse over the past year. I think it may have to do with the fact that this has been a WCB case and he was very irritated about the forms and about the number of times I have had to go back with requests. I've never been one to abuse the system and have some serious problems which need careful attention and at least some modicum of caring behavior. I have left his office in tears on more than one occasion in the last few visits and am seriously considering a change. It is heartbreaking.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013