Ratings for Dr. Bret A. Ancowitz

Wonderful Doctor who really cares for his patients!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr. Ancowitz is an excellent physician. As a female I didn't really want to be discussing the problem with my bowl movements with a male doctor. However, Dr. Ancowitz almost immediately put my mind at ease. He has a great way about him, from his presence to the tone of voice that he uses when talking to you. He makes great eye contact and asks lots of questions to ensure he has as much detailed information as he can get. I've been seeing Dr. Ancowitz for just over a year now. I've been to his office many times in an attempt to properly diagnose me. On every single one of those visits I always feel that Dr. Ancowitz is not only present in the room but present in the conversation. He always makes sure that I understand all the facts that he is giving me. He doesn't "dumb down" the information as some doctors can do. He uses the proper medical terms but does a great job at explaining what they mean. I always feel comfortable when meeting with Dr. Ancowitz and I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2009

Dr. Ancowitz is fantastic. I had severe abdominal pain for 18 months and had been blown off by my former family physician and another GI because I have PTSD ("all in your head"). Dr. A. was kind and polite to the max and never gave up on tests or appts. until he found what was agonizing me (my anti-depressant, a rare side effect that no one else had the patience for!) I recommend him as a highly skilled, impeccably mannered GENTLEMAN and a SCHOLAR who will treat you like a person and not just another number or case. He also has his own in-office set-up for the dreaded 50th birthday colonoscopy. My fiance went to him and said everything was run like clockwork and he remembered nothing about it, what a relief! Great, Great, Great, Double Great. You might have to a wait a bit, but you won't regret it. If most MDs were like him, we wouldn't need these sites.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2009

Dr. Ancowitz is a very thorough and understanding doctor. He ran all the necessary tests to diagnose my correctly the first time and is willing to work with me to find medications I can tolerate. He is the best!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2008

Dr. Bret A. Ancowitz's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 2000)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal