Ratings for Dr. Brian S. Rizzo

Please do your research before seeing Dr. Rizzo. I, like many other reviewers had a horrible experience with this "doctor" and his staff. Still experiencing horrible pain/green discharge 7 months after sinus surgery. Over the last 6 months, I had several rounds of antibiotics, had my surgery wounds cauterized several times, and basically was told by Rizzo and his associate that this was normal course of healing. In my search for a second opinion from a different ENT doc, I came across this site. After reading Rizzo's reviews, I became alarmed at the sheer number of bad reviews and immediately found a new, highly rated/qualified ENT doctor. At first look, the new ENT doc knew there was something seriously wrong with my sinuses. The new ENT doc removed a protruding bone from inside my nose, and also sent a culture of the green discharge to a lab for extensive testing. I found out I have a horrible post-surgery bacterial infection that is hard to treat with antibiotics! Rizzo never sent any of my post operative, dark green mucus to the lab for testing. He was perfectly content with continuing his regime of failed treatments, because that's his cash cow. Had I not changed doctors, who knows how much worse I would have become under Rizzo's "care". Once my new ENT helps clear up the infection, I will most likely need another surgery to fix Rizzo's mistakes. PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS BE YOU!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Been seeing Dr. Rizzo for years and he has helped my entire family breathe better. I had the deviated septum surgery and my daughter has had ear surgery followed by several tube implants. He is a very busy doctor but is very friendly and his staff is amazing. They all work so hard helping him see so many patients. Highly recommend!!!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Worst Doctor ever !! Don't have anything to do with him!!!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Short, curt, demeaning and basically a hack. After several visits, several hundred dollars, and an ear tube, fixed nothing with the issue and he was just perplexed because his 5 minute fix didn't work. Similar experiences as others with staff being rude and him demeaning them in front of me. His office was a zoo at all times of the day with multiple patients though.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

So fast talking doctor and mean and spent little time with pt

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

If you want to end up on the show Botched, this is the doctor for you. Lots of red flags...office was dirty, staff was not friendly, and the Doctor was arrogant and brief . Had a simple broken nose procedure . I could have breathed better and looked better had I done nothing. Now I have a nasal passage that's practically collapsed. Trust your instincts, stay away from this one.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016

Great experience with this doctor. I was leary with the reviews posted. But he was sweet and helped with my throat issues. He was great to me and my son.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Submitted January 20, 2016

I broke my nose while in high school. My trainer at the school referred my to Dr. Rizzo who claimed it would be an easy fix. Boy, if I knew what I was in for at the time. The first surgery was a simple bone reconstruction and the recovery was easy. However, I was only supposed to have one surgery. When I went in for my post-op checkup he required that I have another surgery to fix a deviated septum that happened during the reconstruction and to allow for air flow out of my left nostril. This recovery time was TERRIBLE. I was in so much pain, I couldn't get out of bed, wouldn't eat and woke up by not being able to breath for weeks. Finally I went in for the second surgeries post op appointment and what do you know. Nothing was fixed he recommended ANOTHER surgery. I will not be going back to see him. I have had an extremely terrible experience and am now unable to breath from my nose because of mistakes throughout the fix of the broken nose.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Best surgeon and doctor ever. His office is busy but it's because he is a GOOD doctor!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Dr. Brian S. Rizzo's Credentials

• Ohio University Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1994)