Ratings for Dr. Brian S. Rizzo

Submitted January 20, 2016

I broke my nose while in high school. My trainer at the school referred my to Dr. Rizzo who claimed it would be an easy fix. Boy, if I knew what I was in for at the time. The first surgery was a simple bone reconstruction and the recovery was easy. However, I was only supposed to have one surgery. When I went in for my post-op checkup he required that I have another surgery to fix a deviated septum that happened during the reconstruction and to allow for air flow out of my left nostril. This recovery time was TERRIBLE. I was in so much pain, I couldn't get out of bed, wouldn't eat and woke up by not being able to breath for weeks. Finally I went in for the second surgeries post op appointment and what do you know. Nothing was fixed he recommended ANOTHER surgery. I will not be going back to see him. I have had an extremely terrible experience and am now unable to breath from my nose because of mistakes throughout the fix of the broken nose.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Rizzo for several years, and it used to be great. It is extremely difficult to get in to see him. Now, when I do, I wait for at least 30 minutes to get in a room and another 30-45 minutes to be seen. Office personnel is extremely rude. I can't get thru until on the phone to speak to anyone until after 9 even though they open at 7 am M-F! I get automated reminders for appts, and multiple calls in the same week. If I don't call immediately back to confirm within 24 hours, they cancel my appt. I called over 2 weeks in advance to ask if I could come in earlier than my 12:15 appt. because my 87 year old mom was getting a bone biopsy result the same day at 1:30, and they could not guarantee I could get seen within 45 minutes of arriving.They could not work me in earlier even if I showed up at 8:15 am, they still could not guarantee I could be seen. To reschedule means to wait another 2 months for an appt. If I could afford to start all over as a new patient somewhere else, I would do so. I recommend finding another ENT in the valley.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Lets put it this way. I was laying in the operating room already hooked up to IV's just waiting for them to put me under and Dr. Rizzo walked in with a soda in his hand that's right a SODA in the operating room. I don't think that that's allowed. NEED I SAY MORE....

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Please make your appointment with another ENT. He did several surgeries and after the last one I was having a hard time and couldn't breath out of my nose. When calling for appointment it was weeks out. It didn't matter that I couldn't breath. They want you to have the surgeries but after they treat you like a nobody. That office is so rude and the feeling of caring about their patients just isn't there.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

This was quite possibly the worst experience I have ever had at a doctor'a office. I wish I had read previous reviews before going to his office. He has terrible bedside manners and demeans his staff right in front of you. When he is done with whatever procedure he is doing, he just walks out. Doesn't ask you if you have any questions or not and he, nor his staff told me anything about what to expect for the next couple of days and how long to take the medication he prescribed. He also didn't tell me what to avoid doing and what other drugs I should avoid as well. I would not recommend his office to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

I had a tonsillectomy performed by Dr. Rizzo. One year later, I'm left with a throat that pretty much feels like I'm choking any time I exert myself and over $2,000 in bills left over from spending 2 days in the ICU. It's my understanding that Dr. Rizzo pretty much plows through these surgeries at JCL and that they have somewhat affectionately called it "tonsillectomy Tuesday." As I went into the ER with 2 32oz cups full of blood (and counting), I pointed at my throat and they asked "Dr. Rizzo?" Apparently 2-3 days after the aforementioned Tuesdays, the ER experiences an influx of patients with complications from his surgery, per the ER nurses. This was also echoed in a separate trip to the child's ER when I took my daughter in. This doesn't even get into the poor aftercare by Dr. Rizzo and his staff. Long story short, just avoid him and his practice. You'll be better off for it.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2013

Very good surgeon incision were small and have healed very well and can hardly see the scars

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

Dr. Brian S. Rizzo's Credentials

• Ohio University Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Pacificare

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "It looks like the positive reviews were put there by either Dr. Rizzo or his staff. "

January 20, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I broke my nose while in high school. My trainer at the school referred my to Dr. Rizzo who claimed it would be an easy fix. Boy, if I knew what I was in for at..."

November 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best surgeon and doctor ever. His office is busy but it's because he is a GOOD doctor!"

September 30, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Rizzo for several years, and it used to be great. It is extremely difficult to get in to see him. Now, when I do, I wait for at least 30 ..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Lets put it this way. I was laying in the operating room already hooked up to IV's just waiting for them to put me under and Dr. Rizzo walked in with a soda in..."

February 4, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Please make your appointment with another ENT. He did several surgeries and after the last one I was having a hard time and couldn't breath out of my nose. When..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "This was quite possibly the worst experience I have ever had at a doctor'a office. I wish I had read previous reviews before going to his office. He has terri..."

November 15, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Brian" to "Brian S."

October 20, 2013