Ratings for Dr. Tom Maguire

The best Doctor in world & Lisa best secretary. Polite kind. Understands people .

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr Maguire has been my Doctor for 20 yrs best Doctor ever had care about my health kind polite caring now he retired very sad myself and his patiences will miss him dearly also Lisa his secretary will be missed great lady polite kind

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr. Maguire and Liisa have taken care of me for 35 years. The best ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

He listens to you carefully and compassionately. He has a wonderful mix of wisdom through experience combined with an unusual humility for a doctor. He came highly rated from a friend and me and everyone I've met in his waiting room found him to be a truly remarkable doctor--a doctor's doctor. In my case--just using knowledge of me and my life, with no tests required, he was able to make a very clever, astute and correct diagnosis. He's definitely not in it for the money. And he was trained in Ireland, where they stress ethics far more than in North America. I could not give him a higher recommendation. I know too many people who love and trust him. If anyone has an issue with Dr. Maguire it would have be the sort of person who has issues with a lot of people. This is the compassionate old world doctor we all dream of.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Dr Maquire takes time to talk with his patients unlike the new era of doctors that handle patients on a volume basis. I liken it to someone who make an effort to write and mail you a card on a special occasion versus someone who sends and email. It about the personal aspect of patient contact and care.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

I visited Dr. Maguire after a miscarriage I had overseas a couple of days prior. He was unaware of my condition even though I'd booked an appointment and told his staff, and seemed unclear as to why I might want to get checked out. He didn't offer any medical advice unless pressed and didn't volunteer a single bit of information without me prying it out of him. I was concerned about infection and whether the miscarriage was proceeding properly, and said I thought I'd need an internal exam. He said, "I can do that, if you want." If I want??! I told him I obviously didn't WANT it, but had come to him to see if it was needed. Anyway, he did the internal, very roughly, and I cried throughout. Finally, he asked, 'Does this hurt?' And even when I told him yes, he offered nothing in the way of sympathy. He also gave me no information on what I should do to care for myself after all of the bleeding. All in all, he was callous, hard to understand, and offered me no additional info. Horrible.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2013

Tom Maguire has been my family doctor for 35 years. He was my doctor when I was 15 and now he is my children's doctor. My son is very ill and a challenging case. He has been dealing with the GI specialists since the age of 15. The folks at the Stollery were great but when you transition to the adult world things change dramatically. Help from them is hard to get. If it wasn't for Dr. Maguire I really think my son would have committed suicide by now. Dr. Maguire's caring way gives my son the knowledge that at least one doctor cares about him. Dr. Maguire is not giving up on him so that keeps him going. I can call him anytime at the office or at home without feelling like a nuerotic mother. I don't think I could ever thank him enough for his care. He is also down to earth with a great sense of humour. Thanks so much Tom - don't you dare retire or we are hooped!!!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

Dr. Maguire is a very knowledgable and helpful family doctor. He actually cares about his patients and is always seeking to find the best possible solutions.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

Dr.M has been my doctor for more than 20 years - he's great! It's nice to talk to a doctor who actually listens. His office admin Lisa is amazing and always upbeat. They're a great team!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2010

I have the greatest family doctor in all of Canada!!!I love the atmosphere and Lisa the assistant is a beautiful person and quite friendly! Dr Maguire never makes me feel rushed or in a hurry always made time for me - Thank you Dr Maguire and Lisa!! Best Regards Mary Klimiuk

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010