Ratings for Dr. Matthew I. Lipp

Initial examination by Dr Lipp was hurried and clinical. He appeared to be more interested in teaching the attending than listening to me as I described the reason for my visit. Following my first visit I called his office seeking help for severe back pain. I obtained a script for physical therapy which greatly aggravated my condition on my first PT visit. Called back and requested to speak to the doctor. Three days later after calling his office every day Dr Lipp finally returned my call. He said at that point that he couldn't treat me until I had an MRI and that I could do that on my own. I realized after the call that I needed a script from Dr. Lipp for the MRI and called his office three times over the next several days to obtain the script. I finally gave up after not hearing back through the following week and came to the conclusion that I could do much better job in selecting a physician. I'm giving the Dr. Lipp the benefit of the doubt in rating his knowledge as 3 stars and assuming that my experience with him reflected primarily indifference toward me as his patient, and a possible a tendency to avoid a one off patient case.

Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr Lipp is probably the most honest and trust worthy physician I have ever met. He will spend all the time that is needed to make sure you understand your problem and your treatment options. He does not have any agendsas, like other so called pain physicians, that just want to inject you. If it comes to an injection, ,Dr Lipp and his staff make the entire process seamless. Now that he is doing procedures in the Sparta office makes the injection experience that much better! To the person that spends time on websites to complain about a great doctor, and hide behind comments anonymous, grow up. He told you he was going to be late. He is honest about it. I have no problem waiting for excellent care.

Submitted January 1, 2016

Dr. Lipp is very arrogant. He told me he was always going to be late and if we didn't want to wait to find another doctor. So we did.

Submitted November 20, 2015

He is very helpful and down to earth. One of the best.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

A+ Dr. is very knowledgable and helpful. Staff is always very courteous.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

One of the most down to earth physicians I have ever had. He spends the time to expalin the problem and the different treatment plans that are available. He really took time to get to know me. I was not a number, but a person. When he finally did my injection, I was so relaxed and at ease with him. The injection did not hurt. In 2 days, I had complete relief of my sciatica. I would highly reccomend him to my friends, family and anyone elese that needed help with there back or leg pain. He is a doctors doctor, with a great staff!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Very rude and arragant. I do not think this man should be practicing medicine

Submitted August 5, 2013

This is the best Spine Doctor in NJ.Gets to know you, your disease is diagnosed quickly and he cares most of all. My life has improved enormously because of Dr. Lipp.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Lipp for a while now & he is great doctor he listens to you & he will treat you with the best approaches for your problem, I like that he is honest with you and actually remembers his patients, not like your just another number. I received epidural shots from Dr. Lipp & he explains the whole procedure to you & answers all of the questions that you might have about the procedure , he lets you make the decision on if you want the shots, he does not try to talk you into it, like I said he explains your choices to you and it is up to you as the patient to ask the right questions & make your own decisions on your healthcare. He is very knowledgeable about every aspect of his field. If you are looking for a terrific doctor in Pain Management, than look no more Dr.Lipp is the right choice. I would highly recommend Dr. Lipp he is probably the most honest doctor that I have ever met. I also want to let you know, that the staff in Sparta & Chatham office are excellent.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

my mom had a terrible experience with this practice. dr lipp talked my mother who is a severe diabetic into having surgery and complications came right away. she is now blind and totally bedridden .words connot express what she has been thru, and he also recommended a horrible surgeon who is the founder and also his boss Dr. Dorskey . Please dont ever go to this place for surgery they only want your money and if anything ever happens or goes wrong they do not want to know you!!!

Submitted December 7, 2011