Ratings for Dr. Ivor Hill

Office didn't return calls,when my daughter got worse, had to go to ER, where she received care.Dr. Hill was hard to hear & understand,He would not let me tell him my daughters history & problems,only asked her,a shy 13 yr old,who forgot a few details,I tried to talk,he said he would give me a chance to tell him after he finished w/ his notes, But he NEVER did- he actually shushed me and ignored me.He refused to listen.He examined her abdominal area,then suggested we try a special diet-FODMAP, but couldn't give me any literature on it.Told me to look it up on line.No Tests, not a single one!, but said he would test her after 2 months if diet didn't work! My child had been sick 10 months & needed tests-invasive or not-to be diagnosed for proper treatment. She was worse after we saw him but they didn't return calls.After 2 months waiting for the tests he said he would do,went back & tells us he is moving to Ohio &we need to start over w/new Dr there, NO NO.I DO NOT RECCOMENT THIS DR.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

I could not believe how arrogant this doctor was. He not only did not allow me to finish my sentences but he did not listen to anything we had to say. My daughter was looking for relief and he told me after talking to her for only five minutes, "I don't know what you want me to do?" What an unprofessional thing to say! He said this twice and insensitively gave us very few options as he basically said I can not help you. In addition, he indicated that "why run tests regardless of family history, even if they are positive there is nothing we can do." I thought I was in a candid camera film. I said, "I would at least like to know regardless." Once again he rudely ignored that comment. Did not care to run any test or look into my daughter's severe bloating and constipation. I expected more,at least some bedside manner and help. He was cold, rude, and obnoxious. Prepare for an, I am the doctor that knows everything approach. His few attempts to be personable was so fake and cold.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2011

Dr. Ivor Hill's Credentials

• Univ Of Cape Town, Fac Of Med, Cape Town, So Africa (Grad. 1972)