Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey L. Kamean

Saw him first a few yrs. back for severe stomach pain/vomiting. He was quick to schedule bloodwork and an immediate colonoscopy/endoscopy. Said all was normal and suggested it was”coming from my head” Was sent back by rhuem dr. after several new diagnoses of autoimmune diseases. He then does a test(gastric emptying) he should have done years ago but blew off. Surprise, I have a rare and incurable diease that has nothing to do with stress. He then says we “got it early” I’m thinking huh? Ive spent 6 years in agony! Then says I have to severly change my diet and “cant sit down with my family and a big plate of food” and I say “I haven’t eaten a plate full of food in 6 years Ive been ill” I guess he doesnt bother to read charts or believe women with stomach problems. He’s rude and dismissive and lacks compassion.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2018

I am so thankful my pcp sent me to Dr. Kamean. He and his staff are amazing, yeah, I waited, but I got the same individualized attention when it was my time. I feel Dr. Kamean saved my life. The PBC he diagnosed me with, would have killed me.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Always get in and see doctor on a timely basis even if early.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

My 90 year old mother-in-law went to see Dr. Kamean on March 9th. The wait was over an hour in the waiting room and 30 minutes once she was placed in a private room. When the doctor came into the room my mother-in-law tried to kid with him about her wait. She and her Caregiver said the Doctor seemed angry when he came into the room...no beside manners at all. Dr. Kamean then started complaining about seeing Medicare Patients and only making $12 off of these patients. He went on to say that if she were a regular $100 a visit patient that she would not have to wait. Her Caregiver was taken aback by Dr. Kamean's remarks and obvious lack of concern. She indicated Dr. Kamean took a quick look at the test results and said they found nothing and left the room. I suppose the message this Doctor was conveying was he does not treat nor care about patients who are on Medicare. There is no excuse for any Doctor to say these things to their patient. This is one Medicare patient he will no longer need to worry about.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I'm surprised to read some of these reviews. I have been to Dr. Kamean a few times in the past year now and he has been great to see. He has a dry sense of humor that may turn people off but I appreciate it. He is very down to earth, took the time to listen to what was going on and was extremely thorough with going over my care moving forward. His staff is friendly and helpful when I had insurance questions. If I needed to grab probiotics, they told me to just call ahead so I wouldn't have to wait with the rest of the patients. I'm completely satisfied with his office and medical abilities. I don't feel he orders unnecessary tests/procedures. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Conflicting directions on proper dosage for medication or which medications to use. Doesn't take the time to evaluate the individual patient and creates an assembly-line style of medicine and medical care. Interrupts patients when they're trying to ask questions and then rushes them out of the office.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr Kamean took the time to listen to me and the list of symptoms that I was having. He quickly ordered lab work to help determine a diagnosis. It did take some time and several labs and tests; however, I felt that every test was justified. He would call between office visits with results of the labs and what he wanted next. I felt that Dr Kamean went far above and beyond on my care. His office staff are all efficient and extremely polite and professional. My check-in paperwork was always pre filled out. The checkout had called ahead and I was only charged exactly what insurance allowed. I would highly recommend Dr Kamean to anyone as this was one of the best care I have ever had. Thank you Dr Kamean and Staff.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

This doctor is a mercenary to pharmaceutical companies, he claims to have 20.000 patients. He just prescribes more and more drugs, sees patients every few years to do expensive procedures, cash in and live a playboy's life. After preping for an endoscopy, arriving at 7am at the hospital and learning that the insurance wouldn't pay the cost of it- US$900., I told staff I couldn't afford it. Doctor convinced me to do it and claiming that otherwise I wouldn't be able to even do a mamogram this year. That was my co-pay. After the procedure, surprise: $2.000 bill from the hospital and on top of the 380 I had to pay up front to this Dr., he's charging me extra 70. I called every body I could, I wrote letters, I talked to Kamean himself, explaining my situation (making US16.000 annually as a teacher assistant). He still pursued to send me to a collections agency.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

When informing Kamean that I experienced pain after an endoscopy, he informed me that he had never had a patient with that issue after performing 35,000 procedures. I find it interesting that he can tell me what my body is experiencing. Just rude, and obnoxious. Won't return to such an arrogant, uncaring physician who probably cares more for rats than humans. Unbelievable. Consideration is not that difficult.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2012

Dr. Kamean didn't even have a idea of what could be wrong with my husband. He said he would follow-up with tests but never did. He dismissed the extreme pain that my husband had been with for months. I also was there as a joint appointment, and he also did nothing for me. He said his office would call to schedule a test for me too, which never happened. Now we owe $520 for this! He is unhelpful, unknowledgeable, and a huge waste of time. Also the woman who takes care of the billing is rude, truthfully a total ass to deal with. Once we found a real doctor surgery was quickly in order for my husband and my condition was taken care of. Don't waste your time with Dr.Jeffery Kamean.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

Dr. Jeffrey L. Kamean's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1992)

UnitedHealthcare