Ratings for Dr. Catherine McKenna

Dr. Mckenna does an excellent job and is very punctual! Definitely recommend her!!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Dr. McKenna did not offer me anything more than a quick fix tactic, having offered a "diet" plan that was entirely unrealistic. After meeting with Dr. McKenna, I chose to seek out other resources instead and I have been maintaining a 100+ pound weight loss (for many years). Through this process, I've undertaken substantial education relating to weight loss and nutrition, and in my opinion, the approach offered to me by Dr. McKenna is neither healthy nor sustainable. She claimed to be a Registered Dietician. However, when I had a representative of the Dieticians of Canada review her proposed "diet" plan, they advised that it fell short on many levels, it was not sustainable and it did not meet their mandate. I use my experience with Dr. McKenna as an example of what NOT to do when I am asked about my success with long-term weight loss and healthy weight management. Many "diets" will work in the short term...however, I was looking for a long term solution. Without bariatric surgery and through another Weight Loss Specialist, I was able to lose excess weight and learn life-long strategies. Based on my first-hand experience and knowledge, I would never recommend Dr. McKenna.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

Went to this clinic several years ago now. Dr. McKenna identified "depressed eating habits" on my very first visit, but other than checking to see that I was medicated for depression didn't pursue the psych side of this at all. Testing & coaching was great, but I only lost about 10 lbs before I gave up. Fast -forward 7 years and trying a new med for depression. One that also treats OCD. Suddenly I'm down 30 lbs without trying... guess who was a compulsive eater. This should have been considered and addressed by Dr. McKenna & her team, not left for me to figure out by accident.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I was on the diet program for more than 2 years and I lost 14 Kg. However in less than year I gained more than 20kg back and now even my metabolism is significantly slower and I gain weight faster. If any body at my size just take 1400 calories per day will definitely loos weigh in short run and it is not complicated science. The advise will be same each session when you see the Dr. You have to change your life style and keep eating less and less.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

This clinic is punctual, has great staff and is very supportive. There's no magic in their approach. Be prepared to work hard to reach your goals.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

HARD to REACH this clinic. They NEVER follow up. I lost my 150$ for waste here!!!! I had my first appointment 6 months ago and told they will follow up but NOTHING yet... They just need your frkking money.....

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

Dr elizabeth is the most effective coach on weight loss she is part of dr mckennas team I would recommend them to anyone

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011

Dr. McKenna is the queen of knowledge when it comes to personal weight loss. She and her staff and helpful, encouraging and supportive. It may be calories in and calories out but thousands of people like myself require extra support in order to succeed and this clinic does just that. Alberta Health Care is doing a great service to people-- what costs less, support for weight loss or heart attacks, diabetes, knee replacements etc, etc. Prevention is the key and if obesity is not dealt with we will have more cost to an already overburdened health system. Go for it Dr. McKenna a great service provider.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Was recommended by my family doctor as someone who has struggled for years to get control of my weight. Meeting with Doctor Mckinna and subsequent follow-up with Doctor Elisebeth have me on a path where I have made a life style change that is working great. Have lost 60 lbs to date (still more to go) weight has come off slowly but consistantly over the past 11 months. This is not a diet, it is understanding how your body reacts to differant foods and learning to make smart choices while still being able to live. Staff are abosultely great, friendly, supportive, knowledgeable and I think this is one of the best investments Alberta health has made for Alberta health care system. My personal health improvement is tremendous and actually feel like running for the first time in 25 years and coming off of certain medications - Thankyou

flag | Submitted July 27, 2010

I was a patient to Dr. McKenna when she was practicing at Westglen. If only she was still practicing as a GP, I would ditch the terrible doctor that I am forced to see now!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2010