Ratings for Dr. Catherine McKenna

Went to this clinic several years ago now. Dr. McKenna identified "depressed eating habits" on my very first visit, but other than checking to see that I was medicated for depression didn't pursue the psych side of this at all. Testing & coaching was great, but I only lost about 10 lbs before I gave up. Fast -forward 7 years and trying a new med for depression. One that also treats OCD. Suddenly I'm down 30 lbs without trying... guess who was a compulsive eater. This should have been considered and addressed by Dr. McKenna & her team, not left for me to figure out by accident.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I was on the diet program for more than 2 years and I lost 14 Kg. However in less than year I gained more than 20kg back and now even my metabolism is significantly slower and I gain weight faster. If any body at my size just take 1400 calories per day will definitely loos weigh in short run and it is not complicated science. The advise will be same each session when you see the Dr. You have to change your life style and keep eating less and less.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

This clinic is punctual, has great staff and is very supportive. There's no magic in their approach. Be prepared to work hard to reach your goals.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

HARD to REACH this clinic. They NEVER follow up. I lost my 150$ for waste here!!!! I had my first appointment 6 months ago and told they will follow up but NOTHING yet... They just need your frkking money.....

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

Dr elizabeth is the most effective coach on weight loss she is part of dr mckennas team I would recommend them to anyone

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011

Dr. McKenna is the queen of knowledge when it comes to personal weight loss. She and her staff and helpful, encouraging and supportive. It may be calories in and calories out but thousands of people like myself require extra support in order to succeed and this clinic does just that. Alberta Health Care is doing a great service to people-- what costs less, support for weight loss or heart attacks, diabetes, knee replacements etc, etc. Prevention is the key and if obesity is not dealt with we will have more cost to an already overburdened health system. Go for it Dr. McKenna a great service provider.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Was recommended by my family doctor as someone who has struggled for years to get control of my weight. Meeting with Doctor Mckinna and subsequent follow-up with Doctor Elisebeth have me on a path where I have made a life style change that is working great. Have lost 60 lbs to date (still more to go) weight has come off slowly but consistantly over the past 11 months. This is not a diet, it is understanding how your body reacts to differant foods and learning to make smart choices while still being able to live. Staff are abosultely great, friendly, supportive, knowledgeable and I think this is one of the best investments Alberta health has made for Alberta health care system. My personal health improvement is tremendous and actually feel like running for the first time in 25 years and coming off of certain medications - Thankyou

flag | Submitted July 27, 2010

I was a patient to Dr. McKenna when she was practicing at Westglen. If only she was still practicing as a GP, I would ditch the terrible doctor that I am forced to see now!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2010

Great doc... glad to have had her as my GP when I was admitted through the ER at Foothills. Great doctor - Great person!!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

Dr. McKenna was my Doctor when she used to work at Westglen Medical Clinic. She also referred me to the Grace Maternal Child Clinic when I was pregnant with my daughter. She is amazing and very helpful in all aspect. I really miss her.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2009