Ratings for Dr. Jean-Pierre Daigle

i had a total knee replacement almost 6 weeks ago. Had a lot of pain, but it's getting better everyday. I would recommend physio after having this procedure. I am walking a lot better since going to physio. I still have 6 weeks off of work, so I should be 100 percent by then. I probably have to the second knee and I will be definitely getting him to do it. Very friendly

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr Daigle has an incompetent receptionist working for him. He is pompous and walks around preaching to the patient. Dr Daigle is not willing to operate on a patient who is not otherwise in good health. He does not always do what he says he will do and has poor communication with his staff.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

After injuring my shoulder I went to a different surgeon who told me there was nothing he could do. I did everything my doctor said and physio made my shoulder WORSE. My doctor and I decided a second opinion was in order. Then no one would take me on! Dr. Daigle was the only one who would agree to give a second opinion! He is incredibly friendly and jovial and given my fear of anything medically related, this really helped a lot. The first thing he did was give me an injection in my shoulder. I didn't want it and I was terrified (I have a phobia) but he kept assuring me it wouldn't hurt and did it anyway and it didn't hurt! He said he'd see me again to see if that fixed the problem. Unfortunately, it did not. It did, however, undo the damage from physio. So he ordered an x-ray and MRI with contrast again since it had been 1 year since I saw the other surgeon (who insisted nothing was wrong) and guess what? Dr. Daigle came whisking in at my next appointment and said, "So have you been having a lot of pain?" "Yes," I told him. He nodded and proceeded to show me what was wrong and explain what he wanted to do, surgically, to make it better. It took approximately 1 year for me to get in to surgery. This is no fault of Daigle's, this is just what wait times are like in Moncton. I had surgery 2 weeks ago. He came in before surgery to talk to me and make sure I had no questions. He was very kind and so were the OR staff who all knew how terrified I was. I just had my last appointment with Dr. Daigle today. Everything is great. He explained what he did during the surgery and showed me photos. He asked me if I wanted physio (I don't) and told me I could absolutely start lifting weights so I can try to rebuild the strength I've lost thanks to years of suffering with this injury. I injured myself in 2011. It's now 2016 and I am FINALLY pain free. I am FINALLY off of pain medication. I could not be more grateful to Dr. Daigle for fixing me but also for being willing to give a second opinion. He is incredibly friendly and easy to talk to, especially for a surgeon. He has a great bedside manner and I didn't feel like he was rushing at any point. Given my fear of anything medically related and how hard I find it to communicate with doctors, he was wonderful and I could not have asked for better. He also made sure I understood everything and explained things very well including exactly what he'd done during surgery (with photos and a real life example using the door frame as illustration).

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

I visited Dr. Daigle as I am having some spinal issues that were confirmed through MRI. Need spinal surgery and my left shoulder replaced. I am not ready for surgery right now so he told me that when I am in too much pain to sleep to call his office and he would get me in within a week and he would give me a cortisone shot. I called a little over a month after because I was in a lot of pain and his secretary told me that because it was more than a month that I had seen him I had to go back to my family doctor for another referral. I was extremely disappointed as not many doctors can see you the same day or within a few days for that matter and my doctor is extremely hard to get in as he has his wife and child in the states and is on call for emergency as well. The doctor himself is extremely knowledgeable but when I called the secretary should have done what she could to help me but she didn't.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Had spinal decompression and fusion done 2 weeks ago. He did a great job and was in everyday afterwards while I was in hospital to make sure I was doing ok and asked if I had any questions or concerns. Healing nicely .Looks like the incision wont leave a very noticeable scar. All around good doctor.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I was very fortunate to have Dr. Daigle as my surgeon 2 weeks ago. His dedication to ensuring the healing/safety and medicinal requirements for my case was outstanding. With a compound fracture requiring surgery/plates/screws, the effects on the patient are horrible; he curved my trauma by his kind words, understanding and desire to have his patient well. I have nothing but good to say about this Surgeon other than "Wonderful Doctor"....Thank You JP Daigle!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

I went to Dr Daigle for a routine Acromioplasty. Ended up coming home with a full depth burn on the entire top of my shoulder. I was not informed of this. My husband found blister on my back when whipping off the pink stuff. As the freezing came out the whole top of shoulder felt like it was on fire. Went to medical center and the had to take tape off of blisters "Ouch". Then weeks of burn treatment. When I saw Daigle, he had no idea what happened, he had never seen anything like it. "Can you say B.S.?" Sent me to a plastics and she got it healed up. Saw a Derm. in NS and he said, by the pattern of the burn, something was either dumped or spilled on my shoulder before, during or after surgery. So someone knows what happened. Still have pain in it both from burn and the original problem and it also looks horrid. I would not recommend the idiot to anyone. No personality, accountability, punctionuality or professionalism. AVOID HIM LIKE THE PLAGUE

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

I was hurt at work and was referred to Dr. Diagle by WCB. He told me I needed surgery. I had back surgery 1 year ago and before my surgery I had NO leg pain, right after surgery my leg was in a lot of pain and has been ever since. I went back to see him and he said there was nothing he could do for me, he barely examined me and seemed like he had better things to do and I drove from HALIFAX to Moncton to see him(he spent 5 minutes with me). I would NOT recommened him.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

Would not recommend this surgeon to anyone! I was sent to see him by WCB for a torn rotator cuff, and ended up having surgery. I found him arrogant, dismissive and condescending. After telling me I shouldn't return to my current job because of the injury he told WCB I could. It would be nice to see a 'medical professional' repeat to WCB what they have no problem saying to the patient. So much for professional ethics! If these individuals aren't ashamed of themselves, they should be.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2010

Dr. Daigle diagnosed my need for a fusion from a MRI, X-Ray and cortisone shot. 3 months after my fusion I had more pain and for this reason he sent me for another MRI to check for scar tissue. The MRI was no help. He promptly said he will refer me to a pain specialist and that was it. Very cold! When I finally got to the pain clinic, the Dr. Sent me to get a nuclear scan that ended up showing a hot spot precisely where my pain stems from. Regardless, the next six months at the pain clinic did not help my situation. My pain was bad but was controlled to a degree with narcotics. In the next 3 yrs, my pain gradually got worst which led to increased amounts of narcotics. I had no choice but to seek help from another orthopaedic surgeon. By the time I met my new Dr. It was to 3½ long yrs after the fusion. My new Dr. sent me to get a CT scan. The result was a faulty fusion. Why didn’t Dr. Daigle send me for a CT scan? It would have saved me a lot of grief. I don't recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010