Ratings for Dr. Gregory J. Brannon

He's a great very knowledgeable Doctor! I had some complications but felt very comfortable having Doctor Brannon deliver my baby. He's definitely worth the wait if you have to wait for an appointment.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Have been seeing him for almost 10 years and love him so funny and a great doctor helped me through a young pregnancy and my second being a premi. He definitely has my vote.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

I have been always attended 2 hours late after appointment schedule.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Have yet to be less than an hour delayed past my appointment time after 5 appointments.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

His staff argued with me about the date for my first OB appointment. So I was seen almost two months later than usual. My husband and I had to wait in a storage/junk room for my first OB and ultrasound instead of the routine waiting area. Brannon said inappropriate things to us during the appointment. I never came back to his office. If I had been young, alone, or inexperienced this horrible life experience would have continued. This was supposed to be one of the happiest times of my life. Thank goodness I had the support of my husband and family.

Submitted July 7, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Brannon's for nine years. I cannot imagine being seen by any other doctor. As a patient, it is important to know what type of doctor you want. Before my first exam, I had a consultation with him to make sure that he was the doctor for me. Dr. Brannon is very laid-back and easygoing, but has an exuberant personality. I normally hear him singing in the hallway before he makes it to the exam room. Personally, I love that about him. Sometimes the wait-time seems long, but it is important to keep into perspective that he is the only doctor in the practice, and we (as patients) don’t know all of the details of his day. Generally, the actual exam is over with pretty quickly, which is fine by me. Even with a quick exam, I have never felt as though I have not been heard, or my questions have not been answered. More importantly, Dr. Brannon has been so supportive and encouraging through our journey with infertility. All of my treatments and tests have been at my pace. I’ve never felt pressured to do anything. Recently, he performed a laparoscopy on me, and knowing that he was the surgeon was the most comforting thing about the procedure. What I appreciate most is that he has taken the time to talk with me during some of my darkest moments. His compassion for his patients is far more important to me, than the trivial parts of the office visit. I am so thankful to have Dr. Brannon as my doctor!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I absolutely adore this man! He is very upbeat, positive, and full of life. He is a strong Christian but the only reason I know that is because I asked him one day how he stayed so positive all the time. His response was "Jesus Christ" and moved on. Any religious discussions I've had were because I initiated them. Yes, he works quickly, but that is a plus in my book. This is not the type of appointment where I want my doctor "lingering." And I have never had him not listen to me or take the time to help me deal with issues or concerns. Yes, sometimes I have to wait a little while, but without exception any time I've had to do that it was because he was delivering a baby. Until they learn to schedule going into labor, I think that is going to be a challenge with any OB/GYN. When it comes to being knowledgeable and helpful, I could not possibly recommend anyone more highly. I struggled for 15 years with multiple issues. I went to numerous doctors of varying specialties and still had no answers. I was in Dr. Brannon's office for less than 5 minutes and he told me exactly what was wrong with me, why it was happening and how to fix it. And he was 100% accurate. He gave me the correct medication and I have never had another problem in 13 years. I would drive 1000 miles to have him take care of my GYN needs. He is the BEST. Thank you Dr. B for taking such good care of me all these years!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Went for an initial checkup to determine whether to select Dr Brannon, and got my answer quickly. After a terribly long wait, he leaped into the room and was a whirlwind--made me feel he was trying to make some kind of quota instead of being there for me. He peppered the short check-up with Bible verses, which I did not appreciate, and I had a feeling he was judging me (in a negative sense). When I was permitted to talk, and when he actually listened to me, he pushed back very hard, insisting that he was the most qualified to offer an opinion on how I said I felt. I'll never go back to Dr. Brannon again, and I urge you to thing twice before putting your trust in this self-appointed disciple. If I wanted to be made humble, I'd have gone to church. If I wanted to be made to wonder what I'm worth, I'd have gone to a retreat. If I wanted to be preached to, I'd have gone to church. If I want a professional OBGYN, I would NOT go to Dr. Brannon!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

I would rather do without care, then go back here and be mistreated. I was treated rudely, never allowed to speak and have never met a more sarcastic person, much less someone in the helping professions. Run! Dont walk! Away from this practice

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

I was one of Dr.Brannon's first patients in this area. He offered to see me after my OB passed away suddenly. I was young, terrified and pregnant for the first time. Dr.Brannon couldn't have been more sincere, helpful or competent. He has seen me through three C-sections..and done BEAUTIFUL work, by the way. He has seen me in his office AFTER hours after having been in two separate car accidents with two separate pregnancies...he has always been fast paced and loud...but I love that about him! I think he's funny and exuberant! I consider myself a Christian,though not a Bible beater and I haven't seen his faith appear in my visits inappopriately. If you don't want to wait for him, schedule your appt first thing in the AM, before he has to go to the hospital. Once I learned that, I am in and out of there in less than an hour. I highly recommend him, but realize that some women are not comfortable with his way of being. I personally ADORE him, and couldn't have asked for better!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

Dr. Gregory J. Brannon's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1988)

GHI