Ratings for Dr. William R. Treem

Dr. Treem confirmed our son's Crohn's disease and treated him, drawing from a command of methods and medicines available. He carefully informed us on regarding benefits versus side effects. Dr. Treem and his staff answered my calls promptly when my son had a flare and helped us know when to make the drive to the medical center or how to adjust meds at home. When Dr. Treem moved from our medical center, Duke University Children's Hospital, I sobbed. He was the first doctor who treated my son's Crohn's and got him started to managing rather than being side-lined by this condition. That was 14 years ago. My son has grown up, finished college, married, has a career, and is enjoying life. As he has moved from place to place, new doctors have helped him, but we will always thank Dr. Treem for, in our minds, saving Benjamin's life. He was about helping children grow up and participate in life. I am so thankful for having been sent to him.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Saw him in Columbia for my son with severe intestinal problems in 2004. Very pompous and unhelpful, completely avoided us beause our son was considered terminal. Would not even treat symptoms, he is knowledgeable, but will not try anything out of the box or different than what is typically done. We moved on to a physician that saved his life in slow steps of trying different things, and he is now 5 and doing great.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Dr Treem is a great doctor if you child is deathly ill or very seriously ill. He is highly trained but has no bedside manner and talks to parents with little respect. Our daughter has GERD and motility issues. She is not deathly ill so did not warrant Dr Treems full attention. He was short-tempered with her (she is a young teen) and us at appointments and simply wanted us to blindly follow whatever course he selected without asking questions. He has a sense of superiority and arrogance. We moved on to someone who is more gentle with our daughter and more caring towards her feelings.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008