Ratings for Dr. Saket K. Ambasht

I am very surprised by the reviewes I just read by other people. I saw him for a consult, and again for a colonoscopy. He and his office were both very professional and polite. I have recommended him to friends, therefore I am shocked by the other reviews.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

I was recommended to Dr Ambasht by a friend so my general care practitioner referred me. When I arrived staff were punctual and they listened to me when I said I needed my blood pressure taken manually. Ambasht saw me, and after 2 minutes left the room to take a phone call. When he did come in he didn't listen to my concerns. He kept talking about how to lose weight (which, as a nurse I know how to do) in a patronizing way. He even stated to me, after telling him medical reasons were why I hadn't exercised in a while, "do you not work out because you don't look good in exercise clothes anymore?" I was in exercise clothes at the time and this may have been a poor attempt at humor but was simply tasteless and rude. I basically paid $445 for someone to ridicule and patronize me. I will not be returning (my practitioner was more helpful) and I certainly won't recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

Dr. Ambasht seemed friendly and knowledgable enough during my office visit, however following the upper and lower scope procedures (where he showed up late) there was little follow-up from him. He did not persevere to determine the cause of my symptoms--which I have since done with another doctor who was able to quite easily determine the root problem without the need for expensive scoping procedures. Dr. Ambasht referred me to a surgeon for a ridiculous surgery and prescribed medications--which would have exacerbated the condition--without having a clear diagnosis. I would avoid him like the plague and leave the state to see anyone else.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

Was late to appointment, cut off my wife during her explanations of issues numerous times, yawned continuously. Was late the day of the operation by over an hour, then took a month to get the results in. Called numerous times with no call back, then 2 weeks after operation finally got a hold of a staff member. They apologized that he had forgot to check the results. 2 weeks later we get the results, 2 pages with no explanation of... do i have one of these? all of these? are some of these caused by another? nothing. I would avoid him like the plague...and even if i had the plague i would go to a medicine man in the yukon before him.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

He is the worst healthcare professional that I have ever encountered. There is no follow through. I was told I would have results days after my procedure and it was several weeks. I have no intentions of returning to his office nor would I recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2012

Doesn't complete the job. Leaves you wondering "what do I do now".

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

Other 2 comments are right on. He is very full of himself and either he or his staff causes issues in getting information back. Kind of upset with my primary for sending me to him.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010