Ratings for Dr. William J. Tremaine

Dr Tremaine has treated my Crohn disease for 20 years. In the past couple of years he help me through some tough times that gave me back my quality of life. He is professional yet compassionate and I believe he genuinely cares for his patients. I also have had flair ups over the years and had no hope of getting into my local GI Dr but I call Mayo and can get into Dr Tremaine in a day or two and when I get there he is ready with tests which follow some kind of treatment plan. Dr Tremaine is the BEST!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

Wow. Dr. Tremaine is an incredible Dr. He helped me come through an extremely difficult flare and various infections. Thanks to his game plan and help getting me in with my great local GI, I am finally in remission. He also helped set up the FMT for me (for treatment of recurrent c-diff) and was extremely great at getting back to me promptly through the patient portal system. This man and the entire Mayo staff are a class act. I feel fortunate to be able to return to see Dr Tremaine if the need should ever arise.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

Dr Tremaine is a great doctor. He is extremely thorough and knowledgeable about IBD. He is very personable and really puts you at ease with his confidence in assessment and treatment decisions. Also, he is extremely accessible via the online portal and very good about getting back in touch with you quickly. One of the best doctors I've ever dealt with. Really seems to care and go above and beyond for his patients.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

I met Dr. Tremaine in 1997, when I was 26 and pretty sick with IBD. I ended up having surgery elsewhere; however, I used Dr. T as one of my MAIN (med) GI follow-up doctors, because he I knew he was a GEM, when I first met him. He is an extremely knowledgable doctor in his field (GI) and sub-specialties (Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis). He's also very good at explaining complicated medical issues and data in a concise and simple manner. He is also extremely kind and caring and very easy to talk to. Another unique quality that Dr. Tremaine possesses is his flexiblity in terms of any necessary follow-up care. For instance, I came to see him at the Mayo Clinic from out-of-state, so he made himself available to me, as much was possible, via telephone and email contact to my local doctors, as well as to me. Even if you don't live close to Minneapolis, making the trip to the Mayo Clinic, in order to consult with Dr. Tremaine for a GI disorder is definitely worth your time, IMO!!!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

Dr. Tremaine is a gastroenterologist, who works at the prestigious Mayo Clinic. He is extremely knowledgeable, particulary in his specialty of IBD (Crohn's/Colitis) and his bedside manner is excellent. He is one of the most compassionate doctors I've ever had the pleasure of working with, who was worth the trip (several times) from my home in NYC to see him in Minnesota. Furthermore, he makes himself available to the extent that he can long-distance, in order to keep in touch and get (his) input or opinion by phone or email. I believe that the Mayo Clinic takes most insurance policies, but I would have paid out-of-pocket for Dr. Tremaine's care.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

Dr. William J. Tremaine's Credentials

• University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

Molina