Ratings for Dr. Andrew Major

Arrogant, rude & completely ignorant. A complete & total quack & should have his medical license revoked. In 2015 my daughter developed H1N1. I took her to see Dr Major as my regular dr wasnt in. He sent her home with no prescription for meds & told her to drink Gatorade, which she already was. She was taken to the hospital as she became severely dehydrated in a very short time, loosing 15 lbs in 10 days. The hospital gave her 4 IVs to rehydrate & something to stop the vomiting. 3 days later i took her back to see dr major as her breathing became extremely laboured & wet - i knew she had developed pneumonia - she is a very tiny 20 y/o who had just been gravely ill, her hospital papers were in her chart yet he said she was anorexic, when i informed him she always ate plenty of food he started looking at her teeth! I asked him what he was doing & his response was she was bulimic! I told him to listen to her breathing he said nothing can be done & walked out! He had a female training dr with him & her look was WTF! Even she knew. Our dr returned 2 days later & my daughter was sent for xrays which showed she did indeed have pneumonia. 6 months ago i called the office to make an appointment for my daughter & was asked if she wanted to see dr major, as this was for a side affect of contracting H1N1 i refused & said hed end up killing my daughter if she had to see him! We went to the hospital instead. I have been going to these doctors for 50 years, back when dr wadge was with dr shacklock & followed dr wadge when he moved his practice when i was 3 years old. He was my doctor until his retirement. Since his retirement the practice has gone down hill. Office staff, with the exception of Dr Lims nurse, is exceedingly rude, appointments for specialists are NEVER made, they stand around chatting instead of working, and all but 1 should be fired. I told dr lim that dr major was incompetent. A coworker friend was recently in hospital with h1n1 & dr major was there - he wanted to send her home & told her to drink gatorade ! Seems gatorade is his go to prescription that he uses as duct tape. How many people have suffered or worse under his incompetane? Many, way to many! Im currently looking for a new practice with doctors who are qualified in general family care, who will run appropriate tests, who aren't ignorant. Will miss dr lim, but life is valuable & not disposable as dr major believes. He should retire before hes sued gor medical mispractice. I believe he should know who is stating this - T Dewhirst, & you dr major will never EVER be seeing my daughter & i again! I have to give at least 1 star to submit, unfortunately there isnt a zero rating.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

I really like Dr. Major. A little old school, but in my opinion that is a good thing.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Rude and arrogant. God complex issues as well.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Been going to Dr.Major since I was a teenager. He's always diagnosed me precisely and is thorough. I like that he's straight to the point and doesn't waste any time.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

This guy is a horrible and rude man. Very full of himself, argumentative and not empathetic at all. Maybe it's okay to treat patients like that in his homeland but not here in Canada. I will also be reporting him to the College of physicians and surgeons of BC.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2015

This is NOT a doctor. Period. Having an appointment, be prepared to wait for about an hour in line. He spends more time talking about politics than your well-being. Very unsympathetic, rude and arrogant person. My mom was his patient for about 6 years. She was diagnosed with cancer and needed to have an actual "family doctor", not walk-in clinic. I've been with her at many appointments with Dr. Major. For all these years he was very cold and abrupt with her and most of all absolutely useless as a doctor. Every time my mom had any health issues she would end up at the emergency room, because Dr. Major's answer to all her concerns from flu to heart failure was her cancer and he was not an expert... When my mom died, we were required to sign a medical report with her family physician. I called his office, explained everything in details, they said to make an appointment. I did, had to skip my job, waited for an hour past my appointment time in line. He spent 5 min. with me talking about political news, never even expressed any condolences for my mom, then put his signature on the report that I filled out myself at home. He told me that usually there was a charge of $25-35 for completing this kind of reports. Nobody told me anything about the charge when I booked an appointment. So he said that he would charge my Care Card as for the visit. I agreed and provided his staff with all my information. Two days later his receptionist called me and said that Dr. Major changed his mind and now he wanted me to come back to the office and pay for his signature. Unbelievable! Stay away from this swindler! I'm reporting him to College of Physicians and Surgeons BC.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

My husband has been ill for over three weeks he did no testing except a requested chest X-ray and today informed me, without consulting a cardiologist, that his heart is failing and he suggested if he collapses to tell them not to recesitate. I told my son and daughter and they are both as furious as me. This problem started after he had his flue shot. He is getting better but this doctor ignores what I am saying. I am reporting him to the physicians and surgeons. He has no right to play God.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

I've never had anything but a good experience with Dr.Major. He knows his stuff. I really don't know why people think he's so bad. He's blunt and to the point, doesn't waste his time or mine. That's what I like. People have such negative attitudes, you're going to a Dr for HIS opinion. Don't just tell him what Dr.Google told you is correct.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

The staff at Dr. Majors office are exceedingly rude, and possess no telephone manners whatsoever, and I am frequently hung up on. When in the office you can see why you consistently have to wait on hold for 5 minutes to make appointments - they are far too busy chewing gum, chatting, and gossiping to answer the phone. It's like a group of high school students wearing scrubs. I've never had an issue with Dr. Major himself, but I can certainly see a lack of bedside manner, he is very curt and direct - I just don't personally have a problem with that. The staff are so consitently rude that I've actually now changed family doctors as a result - I refuse to deal with such poor examples of human beings.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

Dr. Major believes he is God, he believes he has the right to decide whether a person should live or die. Dr Major believed he had a greater authority, more-so than the family, to determine if an elderly individual deserved to live. Dr Major believed my mother had advanced dementia, he was wrong; yes my mother had a degree of dementia, but still had a great desire to live and enjoyed life. Dr Major dehydrated my mother to death, under the pretense of treating congestive heart failure, but with the real agenda of having my mother pass away because he believed it was more ethical to allow someone like my mother to pass away. My mother had a great desire to live, but was robbed of the few years she had left by a doctor possessed with a death agenda. When my mother entered intensive care after her kidneys shut down from dehydration and low blood pressure, the family requested he longer be the doctor. Dr Major would not quit, he still hounded my mother in intensive care, until she died.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012