Ratings for Dr. Diane GallO'Vaness

She is horrible with young children too. Her manner is very condescending, to the parent and to the small child. Don't like this group practice in general. I finally left and they called to ask why (I think all of her patients must be bolting).

flag | Submitted February 5, 2009

Dr. Gallo was my pediatrician growing up. I have heard she is a wonderful pediatric gastrointerologist, especially with infants, but based on my experience she is not good with older children and adolescents at all. When I began gaining weight as a child, Dr. Gallo was very rude and unhelpful about my weight gain, insisting that it was mine or my parents' fault due to a poor diet, despite our truthful answers that I was eating a healthy and balanced diet. She refused to consider any other possibility for why I was becoming overweight. It was not until I was fifteen years old and suspected poly-cystic ovary syndrome to be the cause of my weight gain that I finally was diagnosed with it, after seeing an OB-GYN because Dr. Gallo still would not believe anything other than a poor diet and lifestyle were to blame. Within a year of treatment for PCOS, I was able to lose weight and become my healthiest self. Dr. Gallo's insensitive comments over the years, though, have really stuck with me.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2009