Ratings for Dr. John Sapp

My husband was given a beta blocker by Dr. Sapp even though his chart said he should not have them. When I was with him on Friday afternoon he was feeling well.I had a talk with Dr. Sheridan that afternoon and he told me Len had no damage to his heart from the heart attack and he could go home but wanted to keep him over the weekend to make sure everything was stable.He told him he could not take beta blockers and put it on his chart.After I arrived home that night I got a call to come back to the hospital.Dr Sapp had given him a beta blocker and he ended back in ICU.Dr Sapp came in to see him the next day to apologize because he did not think it would hurt him.After many test the cardiologist in ICU came in and told us the left side of his heart was not working and he had days to live.I brought him home and he died in a week three days after or 63rd anniversary.I believe that drug killed him

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

From the time you get there at 6:45 am to the time you leave everyone on the Cardiac floor are wonderful. They take the time to listen and explain, they reassure and are very professional. Dr Sapp is part of this team and sets the bar high by taking the time to talk and explain to the patient before, during and after the procedure. A+ to Dr. Sapp and the cardiac team.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Dr. Sapp was my husband's cardiologist. Steve ( my husband) was an elite athlete with atrial fibrillation. Dr. Sapp treated my husband with a drug that was not appropriate for someone with a low heart rate, commen for elite long distance athletes. This drug killed my husband. Dr. Sapp is responsible for his death not only because the drug he subscribed cautioned against using it on patients with low heart rates, but also because he saw first hand when Steve was hospitalized for heart failure and said to both of us "maybe it's the drugs". He did not stop the drugs and Steve died less than 6 months later. My rating is a major negative.

Submitted January 3, 2015

He just keeps you ticking and ticking and ticking.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

I had a catheter ablation performed by Dr. Sapp 16 days ago.I cannot begin to say how much I want to thank him.I feel so different.I am not permanently waiting for my heart to start racing.I told my husband that after 14 days I would beleive it was successful.16 days now and I want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU a million times.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

It was a pleasure to meet Dr Sapp. He is very pleasant and never rushes any of your conversations. He notes everything you tell him and goes over it again before you leave his office. Then a couple days later while having my testing done I seen him again along with his brilliant co workers. All of the nurses and other Cardioligest were fantastic! They make you feel like you are one of them. I loved how they explained everything and keep you smiling regards of the circumstances. I love how they were so professinal yet laid back and caring at the same time. Great Job to Dr Sapp and Team. Love from NL

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

One of the best doctors in Atlantic Canada. Very professional...great bedside manor...He makes me proud to say I am from Nova Scotia. We have world class doctors here. He is on the top of my list.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2012

Everyone was very nice, they explained everything really well and made sure we understood. The 2 days we spent in Halifax (day before and day of the operation) I could see that I was in good hands. They are nice, they know what they are doing and you really DON'T feel like you're just a "number" to them. Thanks to Dr Sapp and all the team at QE II in Halifax.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2012

I find Dr. Sapp one of the most caring and also with with the nicest bebside manner. He really tried to find my problem as quickly as he could.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

Ablation gave me back a normal life. I am forever thankful to this doctor and the staff of the QE2 cardiology unit.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010