Ratings for Dr. Mary Jane Chaisson

She was prompt. Detail oreinted - noticed that 'sub' nurse did not take accurate measurements. Knowledgeable! Provided enough information for comfort taking a new prescribed drug.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

This doc is incompetent, go somewhere else. First she jumped to conclusion about heart problems, sent me for a full cardiology workup-I went in for lumbar and leg claudication issue). Once dismissed from the cardiologist, I was NOT ALLOWED to switch to a different doctor at Noran. Waited 3 more weeks for thnext Appointment with this doc. Then I got steroid injections after 3 months(!!!???), but she completely missed seeing 2 additional joints with massive, painful swelling. I wasted over 5 months, and had unnecessary crippling pain the whole time. Recently, out of frustration, I went to ILBNC, the doc there was amazed she missed the other problems on the MRI (clear as a bell was his description), and they got me in for 4 facet injections the NEXT DAY. Bottom line, if you have small aches and pains, and want to be milked for $$$ and referrals to other specialists, go see this doc. If you have serious, debilitating pain, save time and money, and lots of pain -- go to ILBNC Plymouth.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

I saw this neurologist for almost 2 years for my chronic daily headaches and neck pain. I practically begged for a CT scan, never had one and felt like a knife stuck in my neck. She only tried me on one propahlactic med in all this time, which didn't help headaches but I lost a lot of hair. When I started going there I had to take pain medication everyday for headaches and as time went on still everyday pain med needed. It didn't seem to concern anyone that I still had pain, it wasn't going away, and that I had to take so many meds. I was encouraged to try botox injections. Very minimal change if any, my head felt as heavy as a bowling ball and I couldn't lift my arm all the way up and now that hurt but I was encouraged to continue and that it takes a while. I had 7 or 8 times of botox and still taking pain meds every day. I realized they charged around 1800$ for each time and were really cashing in even though not helping me. very disappointed, 2 years time lost now

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

One of the best doctors with one of the absolute worst support staff I've ever seen. If you can actually get an appointment and don't mind being seen up to an hour late she is wonderful. Very caring. Extremely knowledgable. Answers all of your questions. But just getting an appointment is a joke - they will make you wait 4-6 months. Then it is subject to being cancelled on a whim and then you have to beg and plead not to wait another 4-6 months. Show up late to the appointment and they'll cancel you, again you get to wait months. I finally had to drop her because I could just never get to see her when I really needed it.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2007

Very caring, very knowledgable neurologist that it doesn't require 6 months notice to get in to see. She really listens to her patients and is very compassionate & understanding when it comes to her treatment plan.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2005